`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Threads Pricing way off

Threads Pricing way off
Randall Cobb Letters were going for $40-$45 before the game last night. BV on it is $40, should be nearer to $60 - $80. SV is usually about half to 70% of BV. Just one example of many currently.

[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

RE: Threads Pricing way off
Well, eBay pricing is immediate, so everyone that watched the game last night ran to find his cards on the Bay. Beckett guesstimates the pricing initially. Any adjustments to the pricing takes at least a month to research and possibly another month before it gets printed. You are expecting an immediate adjustment to the pricing, which is unrealistic.

Who knew he was going to explode like that?
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(09-09-2011, 12:48 PM)all day baby Wrote: Well, eBay pricing is immediate, so everyone that watched the game last night ran to find his cards on the Bay. Beckett guesstimates the pricing initially. Any adjustments to the pricing takes at least a month to research and possibly another month before it gets printed. You are expecting an immediate adjustment to the pricing, which is unrealistic.

Who knew he was going to explode like that?
That's ridiculous. The OPG can be be adjusted almost immediately. Beckett didn't do their due diligence on the many of the Letter Rookie Class cards. I can understand the adjustment taking more time if we were still in the old days of waiting for the "New" Beckett magazine to arrive each month.
[Image: HornungNamePicture.jpg]
My photobucket: http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q209/coachlew10/
Green Bay Packer Auto collector!!! Current and HOF Packers.

It's always easy to tell someone else how to do their job........

You expect a card to jump up just due to one good game?
[Image: Msimonds.png]

My Collection is at 100% right now!! I am 100% with Dallas Cowboys Rookie Class Threads AND 100% with Dallas Cowboys Playoff Contenders RC Autos .... until next year Smile

(09-09-2011, 01:48 PM)msimonds Wrote: It's always easy to tell someone else how to do their job........

And within mere hours?
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

I dunno, here's hoping he does. I've been stockpiling some of his stuff cuz I'm a packer hater and was going to burn it in a pyre... but hey, if I can make some money off it I'm all over it! lol
Looking for: Urlacher, Hester, Forte, Knox, Cutler, and other Bears "Star" players. Even old school if you've got 'em.

(09-09-2011, 01:04 PM)coachlew10 Wrote: That's ridiculous. The OPG can be be adjusted almost immediately. Beckett didn't do their due diligence on the many of the Letter Rookie Class cards. I can understand the adjustment taking more time if we were still in the old days of waiting for the "New" Beckett magazine to arrive each month.
When I said 'printed' I did mean the hard copy magazine. I know they still take time to create the OPG pricing as well. By waiting to colate the data, they can weed out the highs and lows.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(09-09-2011, 12:37 PM)coachlew10 Wrote: Randall Cobb Letters were going for $40-$45 before the game last night. BV on it is $40, should be nearer to $60 - $80. SV is usually about half to 70% of BV. Just one example of many currently.
Your example doesnt make much sense.
if high bv is 40 and it was selling 40-45 , sounds like pricing is right on in this example , beckett doesnt base its pricing off 50-70% of SV of a ebay auction that ended.

Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

Can someone point me in the right direction here? So far i cant find the demarco murray lettermen? I see the randall cobbs are. Has murray just not been updated completely or am i looking at the wrong card?

Here is the one i am looking at:

http://www.beckett.com/football/2011/pan...ay-8259527
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(09-09-2011, 01:48 PM)msimonds Wrote: It's always easy to tell someone else how to do their job........

I agree... the sad thing is how he has gone up 1000% since his "one game" I know supply and demand, but talk about bandwagonners...Smile
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin