`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Opinion: Ebay Purchase

Opinion: Ebay Purchase
So I bought a factory sealed box of 2000 Bowman's Best cards for $35 + shipping. It was total under $45. Based on some of the cards in the set, including the Urlacher rookie which is the main reason I bought it, does this sound like a good price?

Realizing if I pull a Montana autograph it'll be a GREAT price, but just curious on the whole for the box.
Looking for: Urlacher, Hester, Forte, Knox, Cutler, and other Bears "Star" players. Even old school if you've got 'em.

RE: Opinion: Ebay Purchase
(09-08-2011, 09:52 PM)JaxFootballGuy Wrote: So I bought a factory sealed box of 2000 Bowman's Best cards for $35 + shipping. It was total under $45. Based on some of the cards in the set, including the Urlacher rookie which is the main reason I bought it, does this sound like a good price?

Realizing if I pull a Montana autograph it'll be a GREAT price, but just curious on the whole for the box.
i think any pre-2004 hobby box w/possible auto for under $40 is a steal
but that is just me
Smile
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

any price YOU are happy with on anything you spend in this hobby is a good price...Smile
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

I'm also looking at another box of cards of the same year... I'll tell ya if I win it... ;-) I'd hate for you to outbid me. lol
Looking for: Urlacher, Hester, Forte, Knox, Cutler, and other Bears "Star" players. Even old school if you've got 'em.

And I also just picked up a box of Topps for $20. I wonder if I'll get one of the 1/25 Urlacher rookie autos. :-D

cool, good luck with em and ya seems like perdy good bargains to me
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

I've never bought older boxes on ebay like this, so I'm not sure what to expect. All the pictures have the wrapping on them. So I'm pretty confident since the folks are really high rated sellers. I'm just hoping my mojo is working when I open them. :-D Thanks for the info about it being a decent purchase at those prices.

I would be very wary of buying boxes from anyone besides a LCS or online store. Hopefully yours turn out well though!

(09-08-2011, 10:00 PM)JaxFootballGuy Wrote: I'm also looking at another box of cards of the same year... I'll tell ya if I win it... ;-) I'd hate for you to outbid me. lol
Well, looks like I am going to have to jump onto Ebay and bix on every box..... =P
[Image: Msimonds.png]

My Collection is at 100% right now!! I am 100% with Dallas Cowboys Rookie Class Threads AND 100% with Dallas Cowboys Playoff Contenders RC Autos .... until next year Smile

those old school boxes were really easy to get what you wanted out of and then reseal the box with other packs thrown in... They used to package the boxes the same way in the sense that the "hit" was always in the same spot, thus dealers would take just those packs out and throw a different pack in its place and reseal the box and sell it... just something to be wary of.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]