`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eBay sniping rant...

RE: eBay sniping rant...
I don't know a single thing about this snipping thing.. can anybody explain it to me? is it a program that wins you the card regardless of price or do you enter your max amount? if that's the case, why not just bid your max amount and wait n see if you win it
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

(09-08-2011, 06:20 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: I don't know a single thing about this snipping thing.. can anybody explain it to me? is it a program that wins you the card regardless of price or do you enter your max amount? if that's the case, why not just bid your max amount and wait n see if you win it
It's a program that you enter your max bid and it bids for you within the last couple of seconds not allowing anybody else any time to counter your bid.

(09-08-2011, 06:20 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: I don't know a single thing about this snipping thing.. can anybody explain it to me? is it a program that wins you the card regardless of price or do you enter your max amount? if that's the case, why not just bid your max amount and wait n see if you win it
Believe it or not, there is a huge difference between bidding your max way before it ends and bidding at the last second
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(09-08-2011, 06:33 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: It's a program that you enter your max bid and it bids for you within the last couple of seconds not allowing anybody else any time to counter your bid.
so it blocks someone else's bid even if it's a higher bid that the bid input into the snipping program?
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

(09-08-2011, 06:48 PM)elfeo013 Wrote: so it blocks someone else's bid even if it's a higher bid that the bid input into the snipping program?
No, it doesn't block somebody else's bid. It creates your bid for you within the last few seconds of an auction. Essentially, there is not a chance that somebody else is going to be able to place a bid with 1-2 seconds left. The auction is probably over before the person who was winning is even aware that they were outbid.

However, if someone else was sniping and at a higher price, or your snipe wasn't higher than the current high bidder anyway, then your snipe won't win.