`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do these "group splits" work?

How do these "group splits" work?
I've read on a couple of threads for The Cup that some people are opening tins and doing a "group split". I know it's probably a way of sharing cost on a very expensive product but what exactly are the logistics. Thanks in advance for humoring my ignorance as I've never opened any expensive product.
Go Habs Go!!! Always collecting Montreal Canadiens cards. Especially Price, Roy, Subban and Saku Koivu.

RE: How do these "group splits" work?
it goes by different ways

drafts, random team, or team auctions are the 3 ways main ways i seen it done
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Again, how do these work? Which one is the most fair? In a draft, if there are 4 guys opening 4 tins and I'm picking 4th, do I also get the 5th pick (like a snake draft)? How does random team and team auctions work? I might want to do something like this if I can find some guys in my area so I want to understand how everything works.

(09-07-2011, 08:03 PM)bonnev659 Wrote: it goes by different ways

drafts, random team, or team auctions are the 3 ways main ways i seen it done
Go Habs Go!!! Always collecting Montreal Canadiens cards. Especially Price, Roy, Subban and Saku Koivu.

(09-07-2011, 08:10 PM)heaterhabs Wrote: Again, how do these work? Which one is the most fair? In a draft, if there are 4 guys opening 4 tins and I'm picking 4th, do I also get the 5th pick (like a snake draft)? How does random team and team auctions work? I might want to do something like this if I can find some guys in my area so I want to understand how everything works.
Your not the only only one to be curious about it as well. I would also like to know how it works.
Collect Ray Bourque, Ryan Miller, Patrice Bergeron, Dougie Hamilton

let say you are spiting a case of UD Victory or Score so every card belongs to 1 team
Random team, you have 30 spots... so each sport will get a team, "randomly" i seen it from a deck of cards, to using random.org to picking names out of a hat. and so one.. so you might get a team with lots of hits or get a team with no hits

auction team, you and your buddies place bids on different teams.. for example a team that has the hot rookie will go higher then a team that is not so desirable.

draft is normally for higher end stuff, lets say Cup, Dom, so the person with first pick will pick and 2nd... the draft is normally snake so person picking last, will pick again before the first person...

I hope that helps
also, you can split up the boxes in a case too

for example a 12 box, split 3 ways. so each person will get 4 boxes
(09-07-2011, 08:10 PM)heaterhabs Wrote: Again, how do these work? Which one is the most fair? In a draft, if there are 4 guys opening 4 tins and I'm picking 4th, do I also get the 5th pick (like a snake draft)? How does random team and team auctions work? I might want to do something like this if I can find some guys in my area so I want to understand how everything works.

it depends on what you are opening to say what is most fair. you can't do

hope that helps

any other questions go ahead and ask

So that means I'm already doing a group split lol. I usually buy a case of UD1 and UD2 and split it with 2 other guys and then we trade. I can see how a draft would make sense for higher end product like the Cup and Dominion.

I heard the Cup is $450 for a tin. How many cards and/or packs in a tin? Do you really get your money's worth or do you need to open a case to make sure you get a couple of decent hits (and what would that set you back). Thanks for enlightening me!

I`d say case on the Cup as there are only 4-5 cards per tin. But sometimes you can do it where you get more than one team, or I`ve seen where you get an entire division of teams for your buy in ( Pacific, Northwest etc.).
Cases are 6 tins I believe this year so you can do the math times the tin price.

From what I`ve seen this year, it`s worth your money to buy a tin, as the hits have been great and selling for top $$$$$ on you know where.

Collecting Kirk McLean - Todd Bertuzzi - Scott Stevens
[Image: bbbert.png]

I want to do a group split. Isn't there places online where you can buy certain teams from a specific box? Remember I haven't been collecting for years and just started again in July so a lot of this stuff is new to me lol Plus, I used to only buy PC items.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

(09-08-2011, 01:40 PM)bigbadbert44 Wrote: I`d say case on the Cup as there are only 4-5 cards per tin. But sometimes you can do it where you get more than one team, or I`ve seen where you get an entire division of teams for your buy in ( Pacific, Northwest etc.).
Cases are 6 tins I believe this year so you can do the math times the tin price.

From what I`ve seen this year, it`s worth your money to buy a tin, as the hits have been great and selling for top $$$$$ on you know where.
I forgot about diversion or even confense splits
(09-08-2011, 09:54 AM)heaterhabs Wrote: So that means I'm already doing a group split lol. I usually buy a case of UD1 and UD2 and split it with 2 other guys and then we trade. I can see how a draft would make sense for higher end product like the Cup and Dominion.

I heard the Cup is $450 for a tin. How many cards and/or packs in a tin? Do you really get your money's worth or do you need to open a case to make sure you get a couple of decent hits (and what would that set you back). Thanks for enlightening me!
no problem
(09-08-2011, 04:18 PM)onoxxxregretso Wrote: I want to do a group split. Isn't there places online where you can buy certain teams from a specific box? Remember I haven't been collecting for years and just started again in July so a lot of this stuff is new to me lol Plus, I used to only buy PC items.
yea there is a few, a pm will be sent