`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Screw up of 2011 Topps Chrome -- The USA redemption sets

RE: First Screw up of 2011 Topps Chrome -- The USA redemption sets
with how many of these are out, a stand up company would just fufil their promises. i am glad i saw this when i did because i got out bid on ebay for a set and was going to up my bid. thank heavens for small favors.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

(09-07-2011, 11:45 PM)011873 Wrote: Ok now I'm lost.
I knew u weren't getting a set, but wasn't it listed as a pack w 5 autos inside on the sell sheet?
Yeah, sell sheets say a pack of 5 autos. I'm guessing the actual redemption cards say the whole set. They just printed the wrong thing on the cards, not as big of a deal as everyone seems to be making out of it to be.

(09-08-2011, 11:49 AM)rossmaute Wrote: Yeah, sell sheets say a pack of 5 autos. I'm guessing the actual redemption cards say the whole set. They just printed the wrong thing on the cards, not as big of a deal as everyone seems to be making out of it to be.
This is one of a looooonnnnggg line of mistakes and lack of giving a crap by Topps. Its not this one instance. So it's not a small thing like you seem to make it out to be, but a bigger issue with Topps

Seeing as how these USA redemptions are bonus cards and not taking the place of another box hit or whatever, I don't think it's the kind of thing people should be super pissed about. Instead of getting 20 extra autos, you'd only get 5 extra autos. I understand that Topps did make a mistake here, but it doesn't come across as malicious. Absent-minded or careless maybe, but not malicious.

I can see what you mean. If this was a one time thing I would understand. Just understand that this these things seem to keep happening with Topps. Little things tend to add up into big things sometimes.

2011 Topps = 2011 Flops! ( I believe I am qualified to say that after spending over $1000 on 2011 Topps products and have ziiiiiip to show for it)
~The resident mafia guy~

I am still abhorred by the inclusion of redemptions PERIOD! There is a product released every month- there are outstanding redemptions that are filed every month. Lately I get the "We're sorry...due to being past the xx week deadline and still not having product Y...would you accept product Z (of equal Beckett value)?" This is unprofessional. If I buy a 6 pack of beer...and in one bottle I only get a note stating "Bro, we owe you one"- I'm gonna track that f'er to Arizona State and beat his door down! It's is not acceptable!

Box prices are through the roof to cover the inclusion of mystery prospects that will undergo season ending surgery within 3 years tops. It boggles my mind that there's not outrage- but it makes sense. With all these hot lottery cards, people feel like winners and they don't want to shake the tree if they have a chance to win.

(09-08-2011, 04:27 PM)rossmaute Wrote: Seeing as how these USA redemptions are bonus cards and not taking the place of another box hit or whatever, I don't think it's the kind of thing people should be super pissed about. Instead of getting 20 extra autos, you'd only get 5 extra autos. I understand that Topps did make a mistake here, but it doesn't come across as malicious. Absent-minded or careless maybe, but not malicious.

I don't think it is an issue of their intentions. The complaint is a track record of incompetence, and you can't really argue that this is just another example of incompetence on the part of Topps. From wrapper redemptions that they "ran out of stock" on, to issuing a set that was ROUTINELY shorted hits (Gypsy Queen anyone?), etc. It's just poor, sloppy execution.