`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OFFICIALLY MAKE SWITCH TO PANINI

RE: OFFICIALLY MAKE SWITCH TO PANINI
None of the three big companies are ideal, come on now. The redemption system with UD is more user friendly than Panini, as is their customer service, but there are still collation problems with all three companies, even their hand-packed products have been known to produce duds. I bought three boxes of Ultimate and ended up with less than half the cost of the box in return, but at least it was something. Panini has had duds too, how many terrible boxes of Limited or Luxury Suite have we seen? They happen. And I've opened a couple boxes of ITG stuff and wondered why I spent the money. It happens, and they have customer service in place to deal with those issues. If you're missing hits, then they'll help you out. If you got all the cards the box said you'd get, and just weren't happy with the hits, well, that's the luck of the draw. With customer service in mind, I've always gotten help from UD, no matter what the issue, every time. Same with Panini, but they take a heck of a lot longer to actually get on the line and fix the issue. I've never been able to contact ITG customer service, though I've tried, so I can't comment on what kind of help they provide because I never got any. All three companies offer high end products that are essentially a crap shoot. You get what you get, and it's not always pretty, but sometimes you strike gold. I can't pick one over another, make any kind of "switch" or confirm any loyalty one way or another, because I'm just a fan of the game and the hobby, and all three companies do offer nice looking cards. Just my 2 cents.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

(09-06-2011, 11:53 PM)ilovetheshootout Wrote: in Every box i got, i got Book Value half of what i paid ie. say ultimate was 100 in every box the bv value was 50 or less...crap cards crap company....i know u could say i just had a couple of bad boxes but ive had it up to here with upper deck!
Did you ever post the breaks? I got crushed on my only box of Ultimate last year, but Ice hurt even more.

LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

its 7 am and i am reading this, rice, i will post the cards i got later today....and will update thread after i contact ud cs....still, yeah series one has young guns, BIg deal. no point really so long as sp authentic exists (yeah yeah its ud, well , ugh! so annoyed!)
ps i loved limited this year, in fact, i loved almost all of panini's stuff. so the switch is natural
Collecting:
2010-11 spgu championship marks, ice, 2008-09 BAP rc's including xrc's
Need: Score rc - Stepan
Photobucket:
http://s1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609...eshootout/

[Image: ltso4-1.gif]

Panini isn't that much better. A crap shoot on both sides. I would dabble in both. Panini has better Customer Service though it seems...
Collecting:

Claude Giroux, Sidney Crosby, Eric Tangradi, Flyers

Also collecting cards and memorabilia of Taylor Swift

http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/NickTheKid87/

Twitter: @NickTheKid87

It's a gamble you pay your money you bust your packs, you get what you get. At least they don't put the cards in a dryer to give you better collation, like parkhurst did in the fifties. As far as redemptions I refuse to buy any thing that has a redemption, if you sell me a product and claim I will get a card dammit put the card in the pack.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

(09-08-2011, 06:54 AM)ilovetheshootout Wrote: its 7 am and i am reading this, rice, i will post the cards i got later today....and will update thread after i contact ud cs....still, yeah series one has young guns, BIg deal. no point really so long as sp authentic exists (yeah yeah its ud, well , ugh! so annoyed!)
ps i loved limited this year, in fact, i loved almost all of panini's stuff. so the switch is natural
Well I'm just saying, you seem upset with CS and ROI. Bust a case of Series one when it comes out, and I can almost promise you that you will get your money back. And I've had no problem with either CS, both seem the same. But people love to complain about redemptions. Most the time, the player is too blame, because they don't sign the card. It's a lot easier to sign stickers then hardsign. So you may see autos of a player from this year, sticker, yet no hard signed from the previous year set. Just a reminder
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

Finally got back on this board

I must say if you are looking for a better value of return, panini is no better than upper deck if not worse

I cracked a fair amount of products from both companies, and ud trumps panini in the secondary market

SP authentic > contenders
UD series 1/2 > Donruss
Ultimate > Limited

Pinnacle and zenith are meh products

And the cup is loaded and if dominion is anything liked NT bball, cup is gonna killed dominion

It is really stupid to boycott one of the companies just because you got nothing good in it

Man where do I begin? I agree with the UD thing a lot. As you can see by my user name I bust a crap load of wax. I too cannot understand how Richard still has a job with UD. If I was the shareholders or board I would get rid of him for all of his lawsuits and loss of licenses in several sports. Unless of course if he owns the company and then well....I too got kicked square on Ultimate which is usually my favorite product of the year. This years does seem to be quite bad for value back. Now having said that, I have opened 10 tins of The Cup and feel it may have been one of the best products they have put out for sometime. I doubt I will break even or make money, but I did not have that sinking feeling after opening it like I had with Ultimate. All products have that "why is this guy or card in this set?" You do have to remember "yuh spin the wheel you take your chances" when it comes to wax. Just keep in mind you do have the final say on what you do or do not purchase. I also agree best bang for your buck is UD1 and usually UD2 as long as there are half decent rookies coming out. There have been some pretty lean years with it as well. I hear your pain though brother!

Good thread, very informative for newbies like me. I prefer low end collecting over the major high end boxes as well. Will definitely take some of the advice here for future reference. Sorry about your recent luck with UD as well. Hope Panini treats ya better!