Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grant Hill Cards

Grant Hill Cards
Hello Everyone,
Let me start by saying that I am not a basketball card collector. I sold my basketball collection years ago to focus on baseball. I was looking through Ebay and something caught my eye that I just had to ask you guys about.

Some guy was selling his Grant Hill collection, mostly rare inserts from the late 90's. I was shocked to see the prices they were bringing. Anywhere from $400 to $1,000. Is this normal? Is Grant Hill really that valuable? I could never imagine any baseball cards from this time selling for even a fraction of that. Just had to know, it's been bugging me. Especially since I used to have a lot of Jordan and Pippen inserts from around that time.
Need the following for my 1986-1995 Barry Larkin collection
(Currently have 477/479):

88 Score Samples #72
95 UD Electric Diamond Gold #405

Please send me a PM if you have any of these!
Interested in buying any other Larkin cards that I don't have as well!!

RE: Grant Hill Cards
I've bought 15-20 cards from that guy. He has an awesome collection. The 90's cards are on fire right now. I'm not concerned about the price to much on them, i just wanted/needed the cards for my collection. I am still mad that i lost out on the 97 precious metal gems red. I bid it up over $550 and lost it. He is supposedly going to be listing more cards but i don't collect much after 99-00.

RE: Grant Hill Cards
(09-06-2011, 10:50 AM)doublexthebeast Wrote: I've bought 15-20 cards from that guy. He has an awesome collection. The 90's cards are on fire right now. I'm not concerned about the price to much on them, i just wanted/needed the cards for my collection. I am still mad that i lost out on the 97 precious metal gems red. I bid it up over $550 and lost it. He is supposedly going to be listing more cards but i don't collect much after 99-00.
I am at work, so sorry for not responding right away. I agree, they were some really cool cards, but way out of my price range!! I just had no idea that cards from the 90's would ever be woth that kind of money. I don't see anything like that ever happening with baseball. I saw some people on some earlier threads mentioning that they won't hold their value. I disagree. With everyone putting these cards away in private collections, they will only become more rare and harder to find. And people won't be willing to let them go for cheap knowing what they had to pay to get them. Congratulations on adding those rare cards to you collection. But I wouldn't be too disappointed about the $550 you didn't have to spend! Just kidding Smile

Need the following for my 1986-1995 Barry Larkin collection
(Currently have 477/479):

88 Score Samples #72
95 UD Electric Diamond Gold #405

Please send me a PM if you have any of these!
Interested in buying any other Larkin cards that I don't have as well!!