`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
ebay Aaron Rodger for $50k?

RE: ebay Aaron Rodger for $50k?
If anyone honestly thinks that the seller was truly looking for $50k then they're the one's that need to chill. It has a best offer option, and that's what the listing is being used for...to field offers. Nothing more, nothing less.

besides 50k is nothing to some of these guys. On Monday, February 26, 2007 it was reported that a 1909 Honus Wagner tobacco card, formerly owned by Wayne Gretzky, sold for $2.35 million US to an anonymous Southern California collector. This makes the card the most expensive baseball card ever purchased to date as of that day.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

Obviously he is taking offers for it, but he could still take offers for it if he listed it for $20k, or $15k, or even $10k. He listed it for $50k because he is thinking someone will take a flyer on it and actually use the Buy It Now.

As it is right now... we're here discussing it and not making serious bids. He's an idiot.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(09-05-2011, 11:30 PM)all day baby Wrote: Obviously he is taking offers for it, but he could still take offers for it if he listed it for $20k, or $15k, or even $10k. He listed it for $50k because he is thinking someone will take a flyer on it and actually use the Buy It Now.

As it is right now... we're here discussing it and not making serious bids. He's an idiot.
Wow, if he asks 10k what happens if that same buyer was willing to spend the 15 or 20k? He just cost himself a serious amount of money. He has nothing to lose by starting high, but potentially thousands if he starts too low. I don't see any signs of him being an idiot, but maybe you know something I don't.

I think people discussing his card can only be a good thing, it's extra attention and interest it may not have recieved. If you've read any of the previous posters, almost everyone of them have said they wouldn't dream of spending even 1000 on a card, muchless the 5-12k it would take to buy this card. So I don't think any serious bids are being held back.
All in with pocket Aces.... Andre Johnson and Aaron Rodgers.

(09-06-2011, 12:08 AM)westhoustonvw Wrote: Wow, if he asks 10k what happens if that same buyer was willing to spend the 15 or 20k? He just cost himself a serious amount of money. He has nothing to lose by starting high, but potentially thousands if he starts too low. I don't see any signs of him being an idiot, but maybe you know something I don't.

I think people discussing his card can only be a good thing, it's extra attention and interest it may not have recieved. If you've read any of the previous posters, almost everyone of them have said they wouldn't dream of spending even 1000 on a card, muchless the 5-12k it would take to buy this card. So I don't think any serious bids are being held back.
If he had another 2 rings on his fingers you can bet that card would be bought by now for that price. As it is his best case scenario is another 2 in the next 5 years or so, but by then there will be better cards.

I cant wait to see what his real diamond embedded card is gonna go for. Now that one i can understand going for 50k easy, from the 2011 panini gold standard. here it is, the center diamond a chunky nugget too:
[Image: rings_sales_rodgers.jpg]

Did you guys happen to check out this sellers other listings BTW? Some high dollar stuff
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(09-06-2011, 12:21 AM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: If he had another 2 rings on his fingers you can bet that card would be bought by now for that price. As it is his best case scenario is another 2 in the next 5 years or so, but by then there will be better cards.

I cant wait to see what his real diamond embedded card is gonna go for. Now that one i can understand going for 50k easy, from the 2011 panini gold standard. here it is, the center diamond a chunky nugget too:
[Image: rings_sales_rodgers.jpg]

Did you guys happen to check out this sellers other listings BTW? Some high dollar stuff
No way that diamond card goes for more than this sp authentic. Diamond card is cool but it's not a rc, much less it's not one of Rodgers best rookies. And the fact that this particular card graded a 9.5 is amazing. It truly is something special. Not 50k special but there's no reason to not shoot for the stars.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

To each their own i say, if he's able to find a buyer, then good for me, nice lump of cash he'll get. I just can't see any "reasonable" person spending that much on rodgers, atleast not at this point in his career.

Several folks mentioned that the seller is probably looking for offers and I'd agree with that. I just think it's weird that all the offers on the card have just expired or are pending. I would think he would reject some offers but who knows.

(09-06-2011, 04:28 PM)fishtaco02 Wrote: To each their own i say, if he's able to find a buyer, then good for me, nice lump of cash he'll get. I just can't see any "reasonable" person spending that much on rodgers, atleast not at this point in his career.
Have you shared they HWY with people? "Reasonable" people are getting harder and harder to find these days.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

(09-06-2011, 05:05 PM)jplarson Wrote: Several folks mentioned that the seller is probably looking for offers and I'd agree with that. I just think it's weird that all the offers on the card have just expired or are pending. I would think he would reject some offers but who knows.
probably because hes getting a bunch of low ball offers that he doesnt even want to mess with.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/