`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ebay question

RE: ebay question
(09-05-2011, 12:41 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: I see a card I want and need for PC.
Say a Lincecum mini relic.
I research the LO and HI book and determine how much I will pay for the card (I factor in postage cost if any) and then I bid the amount I am willing to pay.
I do this when I find the card from someone with a good rep who I will buy from
It doesn't matter to me if it has 7 days left or 1 min.
It is the amount I will pay..
I do not get into bidding wars for a card and end up paying HI book or above.
I bid and then watch..ebay software tells me when it is close and to look more closely and when I am outbid if I want to bid again.
So, take it from someone who has sold and bought for over 10 years on eBay (Powerseller as well) it doesn't matter when you bid, just bid what you are willing to pay....there are some great bargains when you research and watch too...
Sorry so long a post..I ramble...
What a coincidence, I snagged a Lincecum 1975 mini relic today at a good price (I think), will probably be FT when I get it...

(09-05-2011, 09:42 PM)Davis26 Wrote: What a coincidence, I snagged a Lincecum 1975 mini relic today at a good price (I think), will probably be FT when I get it...
Got one also, in the wrapper for a few $

I've been buying several items on ebay recently and I'm a new buyer as well...When I see a card I really want I put in my max bid I will pay no matter what...I'm not at a computer 24/7 so I cant sit and wait for every auction to end but I know my bid is there and I'll check it from time to time...I've won plenty of cheap items putting in my bid early and I've lost auctions by a few dollars that way too, but I'm just disciplined on my amount I'll pay...to me, unless you're going after a 1/1 item, wait it out and you'll prob see an item you want come back around again