`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pickups in Wildwood, NJ

Pickups in Wildwood, NJ
The family and I came up to NJ to visit my family and to have some fun down Wildwood. Just happens that everyone was happy as there was a craft show and a sports card and toy show in the Convention Center. I picked up a few items... sorry no scans as we are still in NJ; not to mention my regular computers and scanner were destroyed in the flooding from Hurricaine Irene.

1) Picked up 5 Bernie Williams cards that I didn't have to put him as my 1st Yankee to hit the 200 card mark that I have

2) 2011 Bowman Platinum Green Robinson Cano

3) 2011 Topps 60 Relic Nick Swisher

4) The Awesomeness: 2010 Topps Tribute Gold Buyback Relic/Autograph Robinson Cano 06/25.

RE: Pickups in Wildwood, NJ
That show brings back memories...I went a few times when I was a kid. First time, stumbled on it by accident. Then I forced my parents to schedule vacation weekends in Wildwood the same one as the card show haha.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

My hometown. I used to work at Gateway 26 on the boardwalk as a teenager.

The shows have defiantly gotten better since I moved back to Philly. They just didnt put any $ into the town then (early to mid/late 90's) as they do now. Getting a descent show that ppl would WANT to attend as well as concerts and events that ppl would WANT to see ( WWE and Katy Perry to name a few ), they just did not do that when I was growing up.

Yeah it was cool seeing George the Animal Steele and Jimmy Superfly Snuka there too.

I used to set up at the Wildwood show back in the 80's -- who is the promoter now?

The show in those days was always the weekend BEFORE the Labor Day weekend; and someday I"ll tell some funny stories about that show

Rich

The promoter was RK Sports Promotions. It was rescheduled to Labor Day weekend from another weekend.

Makes Sense because of Hurricane Irene and the possible effect == DOHHH!

My only experience in wildwood was going there after my senior prom for the weekend . We got arrested for getting drunk and throwing the couches from our room 4 floors down into the pool....mom and dad weren't too happy about that lol