`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Preds REVOTE Runoff Extravaganza)
O'Reilly gets my vote
Jaromir Jagr Collector

Jaromir Jagr Collection with scans - http://www.NHLsnipers.com/jaromir-jagr-collection

My Hockey Website - http://www.NHLsnipers.com

Weber/Sullivan here too. Tongue

(09-20-2011, 08:23 AM)mrspudhead Wrote: As we approach 10,000 views, I notice the view column is not wide enough. This could potentially be like the Y2K bug - we could crash the Beckett website. MOD take note and perhaps warn the Beckett powers that be that the card market may be about to crash later this week because the hockey crowd is having too much fun (it's all rice's fault)!! Off to do some research for the day! Spud Smile
Spud, you are the man!!!

Please check out www.hockeyvadim.com for my whole collection

Banner done by "Tha Penguin"

[Image: vadim002.png]

(09-20-2011, 01:03 PM)hockeyvadim Wrote: Spud, you are the man!!!
+1 and most views for a hockey thread is 35K...so we are getting there
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

This round was painful! I'm going to call it an hour early, hopefully not prematurely. I'll humbly accept the OT win, though shrouded in controversy.

Vote Tally

ricebondsmntna2young's O'Reilly: 7 (wick; iluv; jay; irbef; pens1; powell; NHL)
hockeyvadim's Weber/Sullivan: 4 (bonnev; pretzel; cheat; jafi)
dark crawler88's Tootoo: 4 (ty4; spud; bimola; scarr)

Tips on how run a better tie-breaker are welcome. Ty4orce's point is well taken: maybe restrict the runoff to those voters whose selections didn't make the cut.

Thanks to everyone who participated...the vote totals are slowly creeping up to about 15 a round. Let's see if we can snag a few more regulars with some love for the Eastern Conference:

Show Me a BETTER Washington Capitals patch Than This Alex Ovechkin:

[Image: OvechkinMalkinpatch.jpg]

(09-20-2011, 12:03 AM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: Well, it seems we've hit a bit of a snag. We've got three cards with 3 votes apiece.

It doesn't appear anyone else plans to vote or enter a card so how about a runoff between the top 3 vote-getters with people picking their favorite of:

A) hockeyvadim's Weber/Sullivan Artifacts (click link)
B) ricebondsmntna2young's O'Reilly SPA (click link)
C) dark crawler88's Tootoo Certified (click link)

Tentatively, I have the runoff closing at 2pm PT tomorrow. If you have a better idea, let me know but this is what I'm going with for now.

Choose carefully since we might have a playoff round at the end of all this pitting all the Kings of the Hill against one another in an elimination bracket, as suggested by Wickabee.

(09-20-2011, 06:27 AM)rvelligan Wrote: It's too late to enter, but I will show my Adam Hall 02-03 SP Authentic Future Watch Limited Patch Auto /100.
That card is nuts! Please stop by more often, we really missed you during the Avs round...I was hoping to see some of your O'Reillys pop up.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

I gracefully accept defeat. ;-)

I also gracefully have to bow out of this next round as I do not have any Caps patches. Maybe I'll spend the time trying to get one. ;-)
Please check out www.hockeyvadim.com for my whole collection

Banner done by "Tha Penguin"

[Image: vadim002.png]

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(Caps, pg.46)
Congrats to rice - you accomplished what your 'Niners could not! Nice start for the Caps round! Spud
Photobucket: http://s965.photobucket.com/albums/ae140/mrspudhead98/
I enjoy Beckett but I don't trade cards anymore.
Favorite quotes "... it will be reported to Canada Rev."
(A966567760846SVermont8911CCC346.1).

(09-20-2011, 02:37 PM)hockeyvadim Wrote: I gracefully accept defeat. ;-)

I also gracefully have to bow out of this next round as I do not have any Caps patches. Maybe I'll spend the time trying to get one. ;-)
A handshake at the end of a game is sporting and apprecaited, especially from a worthy foe. : ) We might re-litigate the ties before the playoff elimination bracket round, just to make sure there's a consensus on each team. I know cheatinc would like to see a runoff from the Thrashers round.

Anyway, I know you'll be back to vote in the Caps round, even if you don't have an offering at this time...

(09-20-2011, 02:53 PM)mrspudhead Wrote: Congrats to rice - you accomplished what your 'Niners could not! Nice start for the Caps round! Spud
Ouch, I had to avoid the sports pages for two days after that, lol! Laugh it up now, dynasty, laugh it up now... Someday you'll know what it feels like when the empire is long gone and some whippersnapper team you've never heard of before (like the Carolina Panthers or something) has its day in the sun!

It's hard to lose gracefully to a QB with a fractured rib and collapsed lung...

LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

Well this is kind of a cop-out since this is obviously some sort of NHL Oldtimers' Challenge patch, but he's pictured as a capital so i'm hoping it counts:

[Image: 2008-09UpperDeckIceFrozenFabricsPat.jpg]
Slamming down the Haterade since 2008-09...

That Ovechkin/Malkin dual looks really familiar.
Collect Ray Bourque, Ryan Miller, Patrice Bergeron, Dougie Hamilton