`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(CANUCKS, starting on pg. 118)
my vote is jowlsisacanucksfan Corey S

and yes i did the name out of the hate of the ones i enjoyed
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

RE: Show Me a BETTER Patch Than This...(RANGERS, starting on pg. 113)
(10-23-2011, 04:40 PM)jowlsisacanucksfan Wrote: I like how we saved the best team till last!
You might get a few arguments about the precise reason but somehow I don't think it was exactly pure chance that we've arrived at the beginning of the end with the Vancouver Canucks sending us off. I was hoping there'd would be a strong turnout and I certainly haven't been disappointed.

Two frontrunners have jumped out quickly...and neither is an octopatch. That should give you some idea of the caliber of card in this round. Since it's our last team, let's give these beautiful cards some extra time to marinate.

Canucks Preliminary Vote

luongo81's Hansen Ultimate Debut Threads: 5 (jowls; wick; bimola; opie; andro)
jowlsisacanucksfan's Schneider Certified Fabric of the Game: 3 (BFan91; spud; bonnev)

Honestly, my vote could go in 4-5 directions at this point, but I'm leaning towards jowlsisacanucksfan's FOG patch...
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

Just a suggestion, but:

The playoffs for the patches should be done like the NHL playoffs.

In this case, the 1st team's winning patch (LA) against the 30th team's winning patch(NYR), the 2nd (MTL) against 29th (Special patches), etc. Then another round and another until one patch reigns supreme on this site.

Or not...#10 against #20 would both be my cards fighting one another.

(10-24-2011, 09:01 PM)irbefan4life Wrote: Just a suggestion, but:

In this case, the 1st team's winning patch (LA) against the 30th team's winning patch(NYR), the 2nd (MTL) against 29th (Special patches), etc. Then another round and another until one patch reigns supreme on this site.
After we finish with Vancouver, I'm going take a break from actively moderating this thread but I could definitely use suggestions about how to run the Playoffs for when we do it. Maybe in the meantime, people will post new sick patches when they feel like it.

At Best In Show playoff-time, we'll sort out the Rangers and a couple of other teams where the wins were tiebreaks/really close/etc. Previous winners'll have time to give up their crown if they see something nicer. For example, I'm eager to see my Lightning patch beaten, so hopefully someone (like alstott9adams, cough cough) will see this thread in time to post his best TBL stuff.

What do you think about throwing all 30 teams into a program to randomize the seeds and then have them go head-to-head just like you're saying. Only, if we do that, one of the two strongest patches could go out in round 1...but I can't think of a fairer way to do seeding. Clearly, I could use more ideas and suggestions.

(10-24-2011, 06:34 PM)bonnev659 Wrote: my vote is jowlsisacanucksfan Corey S

and yes i did the name out of the hate of the ones i enjoyed
Sometimes, that really is the only way to pick...heck I've probably resorted to that tried and true method at 2-3 times.

(10-24-2011, 03:27 AM)opierocks Wrote: Ah, man! Jafi and I have the same card! Anyways, 2 scans to show the Patch as clearly as possible ( my camera sucks!) then the number...Like Jafi's, mine is 3 colours in 5 breaks....

Also, even though I collect Canucks cards for my son, this is the ONLY Canucks patch I have!
If you and your son are only going to have 1, that ain't a bad one to be stuck with, that's for sure. But if he's a young tyke, it's going to be a difficult card with which to teach him about the virtues of sharing. : )

(10-24-2011, 01:52 AM)jowlsisacanucksfan Wrote: Really like this one haven't seen that many sick pacific patches before.
Seriously, how has this one not gotten a vote yet...wait I may be asking the wrong guy.

(10-24-2011, 01:27 AM)jowlsisacanucksfan Wrote: Man who invited this guy, that Hansen already has my vote I doubt we will see better. Most of my best looking patches are still in the mail somewhere but I will scan some and get them up soon
What do you think...should we quarantine him for bringing such sickness into our midst?

(10-23-2011, 06:35 PM)ty4orce Wrote: Only one...........center part of the 3..
I appreciate the background info but that card speaks for itself...definitely a frontrunner in my mind.

(10-23-2011, 06:12 PM)hockeyvadim Wrote: I kinda had a brain fart and forgot we hadn't done the Canucks yet. Otherwise I would have shelled out some bucks to get something nice at the show I was at up in Van yesterday so I could try and take down the last of these showdowns ;-)
Haha, I think that'd have been overkill. This is a sick entry in its own right.

(10-23-2011, 02:24 PM)irbefan4life Wrote: I have slim pickin's available from the Canucks since the playoffs cleared me out of some nice Canucks cards:
...yet we can still count on you to represent the pre-lockout set with honor.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

Rice, I hate to be selfish but I have to have every one of these patches, not easy to pick that is for sure. I've already had the Luongo character begging for my Schneider.. which i had to say no to as I could never let go of any of my canucks no matter what card. I just kinda found it funny...Do you think with all this talk in Vancouver of the goalie contraversy that Luongo is Schneider's biggest fan? I would love to say yes, but I'm not so sure. I myself will never be a Luongo hater, I will always stand by him as I did when I paid a hefty price for that quad patch its in the mail or I woulda had a better scan...

[Image: Signaturephoto.jpg]

Collecting all Canucks cards! Currently 6310/20359 31%

LETS TRADE!

Luongo812's Ultimate Hansen for the win.
Slamming down the Haterade since 2008-09...

Rice: Yeah, for only having 1 Canucks Patch, that's a pretty sweet way to start! The funny thing is, I collect Canucks cards for my son, who is 16, but he's never actually seen the card because he's been in Edmonton for a little more than a year!
So far, the only card we've actually argued about ownership over is the the 2001/02 Titanium Dual Game Used Naslund/Alfredsson currently in MY PC!
(10-24-2011, 09:01 PM)irbefan4life Wrote: Just a suggestion, but:

Or not...#10 against #20 would both be my cards fighting one another.
Only other issue I can see is that, with 31 categories (30 "Teams" and "Special Patches"), one category would somehow "win" a bye into the second round....
[Image: opiebanner.png]

Thanks to Tha Penguin for the banner!
Always looking for Senators and Canucks cards.

Opie's Senators Collection: 4036/14396 28.3%, according to Beckett's database

(10-25-2011, 04:09 AM)opierocks Wrote: Rice: Yeah, for only having 1 Canucks Patch, that's a pretty sweet way to start! The funny thing is, I collect Canucks cards for my son, who is 16, but he's never actually seen the card because he's been in Edmonton for a little more than a year!
So far, the only card we've actually argued about ownership over is the the 2001/02 Titanium Dual Game Used Naslund/Alfredsson currently in MY PC!

Only other issue I can see is that, with 31 categories (30 "Teams" and "Special Patches"), one category would somehow "win" a bye into the second round....
Well I was actually going to bring up after this maybe making it one more round, We haven't done a round (well atleast I dont think we have) of memorabillia not related to jerseys, ie sticks, puck, goalie pads, gloves, blocker etc. I think that would bring out some sweet cards

[Image: Signaturephoto.jpg]

Collecting all Canucks cards! Currently 6310/20359 31%

LETS TRADE!

Actually, I will not have time to participate in a playoff round. It's been a lot of fun, so thank you to rice for the thread idea, and all the fine hockey folks who posted wonderful cards. Spud
Photobucket: http://s965.photobucket.com/albums/ae140/mrspudhead98/
I enjoy Beckett but I don't trade cards anymore.
Favorite quotes "... it will be reported to Canada Rev."
(A966567760846SVermont8911CCC346.1).

(10-25-2011, 04:30 AM)jowlsisacanucksfan Wrote: Well I was actually going to bring up after this maybe making it one more round, We haven't done a round (well atleast I dont think we have) of memorabillia not related to jerseys, ie sticks, puck, goalie pads, gloves, blocker etc. I think that would bring out some sweet cards
I like this idea (kind of a 'best of the rest' team) - then all of those cool glove cards will re-appear! (Not to mention a few stick cards that are roaming around in my collection)
[Image: NHL-TorontoMapleLeafsFinal500.jpg]

Collecting vintage Leafs and Orr autos and patches. Also looking for ITG Enshrined and Superlative jumbo emblems too!