`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure what to do.

Not sure what to do.
I've been collecting vintage graded Phillies cards for about 6 months. I have about 100 graded cards. Really not into the graded anymore because of the cost so I'm going to start buying raw cards. I'm a team set builder and was wondering if I should unslab my graded cards or just keep them and buy the raw version. Just want to see what someone else would do.

Also, being in De, my only resource is the Bay which I want to stay away from for raw cards. Can anyone direct me to a few reliable sites to buy from?

Thanks for any help.

Mike
Collecting Phillies base cards from 1950-present
Collecting all catcher prospect and rookie cards

RE: Not sure what to do.
(09-03-2011, 12:38 PM)mjmj1966 Wrote: I've been collecting vintage graded Phillies cards for about 6 months. I have about 100 graded cards. Really not into the graded anymore because of the cost so I'm going to start buying raw cards. I'm a team set builder and was wondering if I should unslab my graded cards or just keep them and buy the raw version. Just want to see what someone else would do.

Also, being in De, my only resource is the Bay which I want to stay away from for raw cards. Can anyone direct me to a few reliable sites to buy from?

Thanks for any help.

Mike
PM coming.

(09-03-2011, 12:47 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: PM coming.
What he said.

Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

I would keep the graded, graded. There are a few out there but I bet they already told you that.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Sell the graded cards and use that money to get ungraded versions cheaper.

could always use the slabbed ones as traders and do some trading for raw cards you like...same as selling to buy what you want, with a step removed Smile

I would say if you truly do not want your cards graded, I would remove them from the slabs. Why go out and spend money on raw cards (that may or may not be counterfeit) when you already have ones that you know are legit. Just remove them from the slabs. I was never a fan of the graded cards myself, but I have to admit I like the idea of the protection the slabs provide from further damage.