`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just thought I'd share this one...

RE: Just thought I'd share this one...
(09-03-2011, 09:59 PM)dukecaw Wrote: How did your Grandmother end up with a "King" Kelly card?!
Actually, I think it was my grandfather's, although my grandmother gave it to me. I'm not sure what the story was with how he came to have it. I think it may have been the only card he had.

I'm jealous, apparently my grandmother is a slacker! I like PSA myself but pretty sure I'm in the minority around here on pre-war. SGC holder would look pretty framing that card though.

Congrats, that is a nice card. I also would recommend a SGC holder for it.

Its fake now send that trash to me I will dispose of it properly in my PC. JK
Thats a great card to have. Like most everyone else said SGC is the way to go with that card.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(09-04-2011, 11:34 AM)cdillon17 Wrote: Actually, I think it was my grandfather's, although my grandmother gave it to me. I'm not sure what the story was with how he came to have it. I think it may have been the only card he had.
If you are only going to have one, that is a nice one to have!

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Congratulations. An incredible card to have. That one is a top card in any PC.

Thanks, everybody, for your comments and suggestions. SGC definitely seems to be the place to go for pre-War cards so I'll probably go that route. Now the question is do I send it off in the mail now or do I wait until The National next year in Baltimore when I can hand-deliver it. I'll probably wait unless there is a good reason to send it off ASAP. It's been sitting around for 124 years, what's 1 more?

This will be my first graded card and leads me to a question. I'm a raw card kind of guy. How about the rest of you? Are there some compelling reasons to get my cards graded other than potentially wanting to sell them for more $? Right now, I'm not looking to sell anything.

Hand deliver if possiblle

I like both. infact once my set is done I will be sending them off to be graded as well. Not for resale but to protect them better than they are now.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(09-13-2011, 09:24 AM)waynetalger Wrote: Hand deliver if possiblle

I like both. infact once my set is done I will be sending them off to be graded as well. Not for resale but to protect them better than they are now.
Yeah, that's the one thing I've been picking up on a little recently... grading your cards really helps protect them. What set are you going after? I personally just collect all the HOFers, which makes the display a little odd... a graded set would display very nicely.

(09-13-2011, 10:27 AM)cdillon17 Wrote: What set are you going after?
Wayne is going after the T-206 set. He has a very nice collection already. Im pretty sure he has posted all the pics in this forum.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket