`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for the newby here.........

RE: Question for the newby here.........
That is definitely worth the stamp if you got at least what you paid for and then some. Even if it isn't a $50 card... Smile
~The resident mafia guy~

(09-02-2011, 01:28 PM)dfcj1499 Wrote: Well, how do people get uncirculated cards? Im pretty sure that the 08' Bowman Sterling Blue refracter Rookie autos were attained by doing what he's doing
The 2008 Bowman Sterling Refractors were a wrapper redemption, for when a Box was short an auto.

You had to send in the wrappers from the box to prove that you actually purchased a full box, and that it was short an autograph.

(09-02-2011, 11:49 AM)alabamamobster Wrote: Being the newbie, I have a question ( Imagine that) when it comes to mailers. I am sending a blank postcard with my addy on it to possibly redeem a decent card from Topps and Upper Deck, just like it asks for on the back of the pack. Does anyone ever actually get a decent card back from this or did I just waste two stamps?

Just curious!

( Be gentle with your comments. Like I said, I am the newb here.....)
Your talking about the NPN ( No purchase Necessary ) thing, this was set in place as a settlement between the sportscard manufacturers and the Govt, to keep Buying sports cards from being considered gambling/Lottery, which the the manufacturers would have to limit the age range of people buying cards to 21 or older.

As for the odds of getting something, your more than likely going to get a couple of common's or inserts, the GJ, and auto's are given out on the same seeded basis of the packs for example 1 in 36 entries, 1 in 240 entries, etc...

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Makes sense. Thanks for all the input. Like I said, I'm a newbie and I appreciate all the insight. Makes the hobby more enjoyable when you are more educated about what it is you are doing, especially if it is not only time consuming but not the cheapest of hobbies I have...
~The resident mafia guy~