`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Would You Do?

What Would You Do?
I'm watching a ton of stuff on the bay from The Cup. Should I try bidding on things now or wait until the hype dies down and look again in a few months? Do you think the cards will go for cheaper then?

Most of the guys I'm after are young and not popular and are currently hovering around the $20 mark with anywhere from 2-8 hours to go until the auction ends.

Thoughts?

I should add they are not cards from a small print run so they will almost definitely pop up again in the future.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

RE: What Would You Do?
set a price for the cards you willing to pay, now and also after the hype is down...

that is what i am going to do with my whalers cup cards
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

I've been seeing Nino Cup rookies, (which are only out of 249 & not one of the "higher end" rookies), go for $150 & higher, which is much too high IMO for someone like him. I'd wait it out about a month or 2, especially when products like 11-12 UD series 1 comes out.

Cards will get cheaper. Once BV comes out many people won't buy at BV. Kind of a flawed system. Consumers think by buying something for less then BV than they are getting a good deal. Makes sense but BV destroys things for sellers. I would probably try to wait a month or too and see what the prices are then. Odds are they will be a lot cheaper.

Actually, I have a example. The first Bryce Harper Chrome 2011 Bowman card to be "in hand" sold for over $150. Once the hype died down, the can be had for under $20 and book at $25 last time I checked.
Collecting:

Claude Giroux, Sidney Crosby, Eric Tangradi, Flyers

Also collecting cards and memorabilia of Taylor Swift

http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/NickTheKid87/

Twitter: @NickTheKid87

ONLY buy things that are limited print run. Anything over /100 I say you wait. Hit those /25 and /15's now though. In the future, even if you have money, they will be hard to find.

I would watch those cards that have more prints, and just see how much they end up selling for and keep that in mind for a few weeks form now you can barter with the seller.

I bought an /76 and /35 subban, but the other stuff that are like /100 I won't even bid on.
I collect Subban (Auto Only) and all Tanev cards
http://s1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/KelvinCanuck/

(09-01-2011, 02:58 PM)Canucklehead Wrote: ONLY buy things that are limited print run. Anything over /100 I say you wait. Hit those /25 and /15's now though. In the future, even if you have money, they will be hard to find.

I would watch those cards that have more prints, and just see how much they end up selling for and keep that in mind for a few weeks form now you can barter with the seller.

I bought an /76 and /35 subban, but the other stuff that are like /100 I won't even bid on.
Very good advice. As I mentioned in the PM with you earlier I'm watching a 1/1 from The Cup which has my full attention. I'm watching other cards as well, but they are all over /100 which is why I'm not going too high on them. Just bid $25 on a Shattenkirk GU and the final winning bid was $46 which seems ridiculous to me.

I figured prices would drop in a few weeks or months and I could find the more common cards at a cheaper price.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054