`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1971 Topps Bill Freehan error card?

1971 Topps Bill Freehan error card?
I was just looking through an old box of my dad's 1971 Topps cards and noticed there was an error on his '71 Bill Freehan card. It seems like there was an error where they cut the cards from the sheet and they cut off the "Tigers" from the top of his card and you can see the "Astros" at the bottom from the next card. I was just curious if this was a common error and nothing too spectacular, or if it is something unusual that could possibly affect the BV of the card. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can try to get a scan up if needed. Thanks!!
[Image: Pirates_AlavarezMcCutchen.jpg]

RE: 1971 Topps Bill Freehan error card?
Sounds like it's just a miscut. Used to happen a lot.
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

Not an error, just a bad miscut. If anything, it really devalues your card.
Completing the following:

2010 Topps Chrome X-Fractors (142/220 - 64.5%)
2010 Bowman Platinum Refractors (60/100 - 60%)
2011 Topps Diamond (444/660 - 67.3%)

Finished 2011 Sets: Topps Series 1 Master, Heritage Master, Heritage Chrome, Gypsy Queen Framed Green, Gypsy Queen Minis, Heritage Black

(09-01-2011, 11:27 AM)griffan15 Wrote: Not an error, just a bad miscut. If anything, it really devalues your card.
lol ok I figured it was just a bad cut but wanted to make sure -- though I guess I sure am glad it wasn't his Clemente
[Image: Pirates_AlavarezMcCutchen.jpg]