`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone receive a Topps 60th Ann. Comemorative Set Yet?

RE: Anyone receive a Topps 60th Ann. Comemorative Set Yet?
Yay! I just got an email from Topps telling me that my 60th Anniversary set shipped today! I should get it soon!
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

(09-26-2011, 04:29 PM)ande_23 Wrote: My set has been on "back order" for a while now. I wonder if they are waiting to ship it with the unopened vintage pack that I hit right after I had the 1st order shipped to me.
I wonder how many sets were produced?

Yes, very helpful! Just knowing someone IS getting their second set is comforting. I'll keep my eyes open but won't hold my breath.

(09-26-2011, 03:02 PM)nlsn200 Wrote: my second set has a tracking on it that says it will be here on 9/27 i ordered it on 5/23 if that helps you

So..does anyone have an extra unused codes by any chance? I need 13 to get my set.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

posting up again for if anyone is breaking up their set, interested in the #619 venters, or if it'd be easier to work something out the braves team set
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

Received my set today. Not sure package looks like what you would expect to see from the normal 2011 set. Just stats on package contains 660 cards from series 1 and 2. Nothing about special cards or extra cards. The only marking that may be unique is it has a big 60th anniversary diamond mark like you see on the website. Little puzzled on this waiting to see what others say about theirs as I was a bit disappointed.

Disregard saw that someone posted the picks of a broken set. I wondered what was different. Odd that they make no mention of that on the box.

Has anyone opened there box yet? I have mine and wondered whats inside but dont wanna open it.
[Image: 1335852945285.jpg]

Got mine but pre-sold it on EBAY so I will be shipping it back out tomorrow.

(09-26-2011, 05:51 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: I wonder how many sets were produced?
This is from Topps Dia Giveaway site

TOTAL APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF ALL PRIZES (INCLUDING DIGITAL RING COLLECTION PRIZES, AS PER RULE 3C ABOVE): $170,000 (USD)

If you subtract the ring prizes (60 x $200=$12,000) off of the $170,000 you get $158,000 divide that by the price per set of $50.00 you get 3160 sets--sounds really low to me.
BUT they say
*1,500,000 is based on consumer participation in similar "Giveaway" promotions previously offered by Topps. Actual quantity of prizes available to be won (or odds of winning, as applicable) cannot be more definitively stated as this depends on actual number of participants who input Codes.

so if you add the ring prizes (200) and the sets you get 3360 prizes yet there are 1,5000,000 prizes, they sure gave a lot of packs of cards away and they can't do any math because the total of packs, sets, die cuts and others should be around 1,499,800 prizes so I would guesstimate around 1 million sets!
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

Got an email yesterday that the second set is on the way! Now the question is, what do I do with the second set? We already have two sets from pack opening. We have the first 60th ann. set we haven't opened and likely won't. Do we open the second? Do I sell it on Ebay?