`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks Like Pujols is Brushing Up on His East Coast Manners...

RE: Looks Like Pujols is Brushing Up on His East Coast Manners...
(08-31-2011, 07:42 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Were you watching the Mets when Anthony Young was pitching for them back in the '93 timeframe (or around there)? Man, I felt awful for that guy. I watched a couple of his games that he SHOULD have gotten the win but there was no offense, or defense for that matter. For some reason, when the Mets are not having a good year, I always think about that guy.
You forgot the best part of that story...

After those miserable seasons in NY when he went 2-14 and 1-16 (including the consecutive loss streak which spanned the seasons)...guess who traded for him???

THE FRIGGIN CUBS!!! Just another one in a series of great moves by them!

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(09-01-2011, 08:28 AM)ceocards Wrote: You forgot the best part of that story...

After those miserable seasons in NY when he went 2-14 and 1-16 (including the consecutive loss streak which spanned the seasons)...guess who traded for him???

THE FRIGGIN CUBS!!! Just another one in a series of great moves by them!
LMAO Sounds like the decisions the Phillies made in the past. We seemed to have had the "other" brother syndrome. Vince DiMaggio, Ken Brett, Mike Maddux, Jeremy Giambi, Frank Torre, and Michael Garciaparra. I'm sure there are more.

(09-01-2011, 08:43 AM)phillies816 Wrote: LMAO Sounds like the decisions the Phillies made in the past. We seemed to have had the "other" brother syndrome. Vince DiMaggio, Ken Brett, Mike Maddux, Jeremy Giambi, Frank Torre, and Michael Garciaparra. I'm sure there are more.
Didn't Seattle draft Michael Garciaparra? I hope the Phillies didn't give up anything for him!

EDIT: Just checked and it wasn't a trade. He's bounced around but I can't find him anywhere for 2011 after playing in 2010.