`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Diamond Giveaway Trade requests

RE: Diamond Giveaway Trade requests
(08-31-2011, 06:09 PM)patrickhef30 Wrote: I nominate kporter20 or thepath for that honor.
Yeah kporter20 keeps trying to get my Byrd and Cueto die cuts...he's banned from beckett, right?
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Yea it gets pretty ridiculous trying to do anything on DCG. Why not work trades and what not on here? The facebook page for DCG is pretty annoying to try and work out trades and what not on it. I'd gladly post a list of the cards I have in my account on here, seems one could work out trades and what not on here.

(08-31-2011, 06:09 PM)patrickhef30 Wrote: I nominate kporter20 or thepath for that honor.
thepath, slgs100, and cunningken too. Ridiculous trade requests.
Collecting: Jeff Odgers, Patrick Marleau

I've been having zero luck with trades since the beginning of august. Trying to do some commons for commons in the 60s and no ones biting. 2 cards i want are from 66. tug mcgraw and ron swoboda (mets) And no one wants my '58 harding peterson sadly lol
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

Some things I learned; the trade offer is not necessarily to you personally, it goes out to everyone holding that card. That doesn't make the offers any less ridiculous, just saying. Now for my pet peeve; if you acquire or trade for a card, you only see trade offers that are created after that point. So if you see in general browsing someone is offering 2 DDCs for one that you know you can trade for, you don't get that offer unless the person lists it again. If they would open it up so that you could get in on any active trade offers as soon as you acquire a new card, the cards would be moving around much more briskly I think.

I have fourd it much more difficult to trade this year on the site. I post my list for trade eash week (or with new additions) on the face book site and I'm not nearly getting as much play as last year.

The cards don't seem quite as good this year either

Rich

Surprised I haven't seen anyone mention killercub.

I have Felix Hernandez, Ichiro, Prince Fielder, Cole Hamels, and Adrian Beltre die-cuts, and daily (multiple times per day) for a few weeks I received offers for my various die-cuts from killercub, only offering a 1987 Mike Schmidt. I think I've declined nearly 100 offers from killercub, all of them a 1987 Mike Schmidt, for one of my die-cuts.

It seems like it wouldn't be worth the time to set up all of these pointless trades, but maybe there are people that clueless out there that will actually accept if you are persistent enough.

whats the facebook link for trading those cards?
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

There's a lot of idiots from the million card and diamond giveaway that post on Topps Facebook...supporting PACK SEARCHERS.
Upperdeck Diamond Club member
Member of Beckett's board since 2003
[Image: 8cfcaeb5.jpg]

If you search on Topps Cards in facebook -- you will find the group 0-- about 4K members