`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you guys think, fake or real?

RE: What do you guys think, fake or real?
(09-02-2011, 02:03 PM)htowntigger Wrote: And on that note... did you guys see that it went for $8K?
thats crazy, obviously someone thought it was real lol.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(09-02-2011, 02:47 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: thats crazy, obviously someone thought it was real lol.
I know huh? I'm hoping MJ did sign that for that person's sake...
[Image: MJCollage_zps3209fd89.jpg]

IMO:
The buyer is an idiot.
*K for a BUYBACK auto thats just a common insert?
I could see if it was his first jersey card, rookie, or other significant insert, but that much for that card was just plain stupid!
Just buy an MJ auto insert card for 16x less!

Michael Jordan's market is insane, only because it's a 1/1 of a higher end set.
[Image: MJCollage_zps3209fd89.jpg]

OMG....after looking at it again, it has like 3 softer corners (showing some white on the corners). That card WILL NOT grade above an 8 under BGS standards! Ridiculous.

(09-04-2011, 04:03 PM)creativemunky Wrote: OMG....after looking at it again, it has like 3 softer corners (showing some white on the corners). That card WILL NOT grade above an 8 under BGS standards! Ridiculous.
Who cares? It's a 1/1. Grades don't really matter. It looked fake to me also until the sideways pic. I never noticed how weird his sig looks vertical, haha.

(09-04-2011, 05:22 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Who cares? It's a 1/1. Grades don't really matter. It looked fake to me also until the sideways pic. I never noticed how weird his sig looks vertical, haha.
Yea....a BUYBACK one of one in lesser condition. Not a true 1/1.

I would care.

I have the 1996 SPX Jordan autograph and I had it graded and came back a PSA 9. I paid less than $500 for that back in 1999/2000. Which I believe side by side I would take the SPX ANY DAY over that one.

Maybe its just me, but a card that was a regular card in a set that was just signed and then #ered 1/1 does not attract me unless the card is significant (example 89 UD Griffey Rookie, 94 SP Rodriguez, or even a 89 Billy Ripken FF, lol). Its hyped for nothing, buybacks to me are not attractive, plus they are the MOST counterfeited autographs out there (buyback autos).