`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2007 Matt Cain Autograph, Error?

2007 Matt Cain Autograph, Error?
Hey guys, just bought this on ebay and got it in the mail the other day and was reading the back when I noticed something different. When you look at his stat line it says he was 6-0 in those 6 starts, while in the description it says he was 5-0, so i was just wondering if anyone as any info on it, or if it carries anymore value. Not that it matters since its a PC card anyway. Thanks!

[Image: mattcain.jpg]
[Image: giantssig1.jpg]

I collect Brandon Belt, Pablo Sandoval, Matt Cain and Gary Brown!

RE: 2007 Matt Cain Autograph, Error?
i dont think it will carry more value. it sure is an error but i doubt it will increase the value of the card
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

Yeah, I'm sure all those cards have the same typo...
[Image: vitterswest.jpg]

Wants: JOSH VITTERS, Matt Davidson, Peyton Manning, and Cubs.

Proof reader error and not corrected...I believe..if corrected, it would be listed as cor in the OPG..
Most of the low run cards, autos/gu/mem with errors are never corrected.

The description is correct and the stat line is wrong. His 2nd start of the streak was a ND.
As far as value is concerned, a error is only worth more if (A) its a major error, or (B) there is a corrected version.
I collect 1977-Present Baseball of any team, especially the Braves (NL) and the Red Sox (AL). Considering an expansion into vintage. I am slowly adding cards and wants to my org.

Thanks guys, i figured it didnt carry any extra value, just thought it was kind of interesting! On this current Giants team if Cain pitched like that he'd probably be 3-3 lol
[Image: giantssig1.jpg]

I collect Brandon Belt, Pablo Sandoval, Matt Cain and Gary Brown!