`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just something to think about...

RE: Just something to think about...
(08-29-2011, 10:02 AM)bigtrip18 Wrote: Although I am with pbean, Ii will say that if someone is trading that big sum of cards that has a higher total value, the trader must at least ask for a base minimum of what is acceptable on the other end.

I tried one a while ago on this site with a member who left after the new org rules came in. I had approx $375 worth on my end, mostly base and inserts, but at least a half dozen gu/au.

What I was looking for in return was less than half in value, 3 cards, and yet the trader not only laughed at the idea, but then wanted to do the trade as a 375 for 60 (one of the cards).

I guess my main point is, when the value for a whole bunch of cards is high, what's that baseline that we should measure? Now I know all of my individual cards would not actually sell for that amount, but at least 10 would sell over 50% bv. And when is the other person really going to persue ebay for every indivdual card rather than find someone willing to trade away hundreds or dozens of cards in one fell swoop?
I understand what your saying, and I am willing to throw in "lower end" mem and autos in a large base trade, asking for one high end auto for a bunch of inserts to me isn't considered a fair trade on my end.

I too have offered "lop-sided" trades (double to triple BV) some have gone through, and some have been declined Wink but only do such when someone has asked for team lots etc.

I guess the rules of trading are constantly changing, and am getting tired of folks trying to take advantage of a situation or deal Sad

there are sooooo many great traders here, just the few have spoiled some of our experiences recently.

One thing I wish is that we could go back to the old org, where if a card is marked NFT it couldn't be put into a trade ..... I'm tired of telling people that a card is NFT only for them to get miffed about it Sad

Yeah, I kept wondering how people were finding some of these cards to put in a trade... I ended up just deleting them out of my org.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

(08-30-2011, 05:26 AM)pbean Wrote: One thing I wish is that we could go back to the old org, where if a card is marked NFT it couldn't be put into a trade ..... I'm tired of telling people that a card is NFT only for them to get miffed about it Sad
If a card is NFT, all you need to do is make sure there is a "0" in the "Trade Away" column

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(08-28-2011, 09:59 PM)jheringa09 Wrote: It's been done and said before and did all over again and again...

BUT

This is something I gotta get off my chest...
yeah, I got some nice cards just like a lot of members on here... But all I wanna do right now is do my 3+ color PC. Now, I tend to be a fair trader. I stay within 5-10 BV when trading. I use a combo of SV, BV, and what's hot/what's not. That's not too much to ask, and although it's looking better and better, I cannot cannot cannot ever see myself trading down for 3+ color patch cards where the "player" doesn't play any longer in a two year period and/or if the BV on that card's worth... 10-12 or maybe even 6-8.

Not saying it's Beckett members, but I'm just sayin' in general. If I can find it on the Bay for 2-3 bucks with shipping, what makes anyone think I'd like to trade a Chris Johnson auto or even anything out of my Matt Ryans for 4-6 patch cards, most no longer play or start or never got the chance to play. I'm just looking for some beautiful colors and patches, not looking to get ROBBED.

So when trading, please use discretion, good judgement, stay within the realm of reality, and always always always... use common sense.

Thank you.
On that note....I have an awesome 5 color patch of a super star if you wanna trade......ill send ya jamarcus for a mere walter payton au...lmfao......rotfl....(0:
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

(08-30-2011, 06:58 AM)ceocards Wrote: If a card is NFT, all you need to do is make sure there is a "0" in the "Trade Away" column
I believe there's an issue that carried over from the old site. I have had a lot of trades where the card is still marked with a 1 in the "Trade Away" column but the "Have" column shows 0.
(08-30-2011, 07:17 AM)cybertrenz02 Wrote: On that note....I have an awesome 5 color patch of a super star if you wanna trade......ill send ya jamarcus for a mere walter payton au...lmfao......rotfl....(0:
What's it look like? Smile
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

I actually just cleaned out a lot of the cards that I didn't have that were still in my org, almost $1000 in total value that people thought I still had. But then I started adding in all of the pc items I received this year and it more than made up for my losses.

And as far as lopsided trades go, I'm very very fair when it comes to pc for pc. But if I'm sending someone a ton of pc items, but all they have to offer is one or 2 mid-high end cards that I might be interested in (non pc) then how is it fair for them to lowball?

[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

(08-30-2011, 06:58 AM)ceocards Wrote: If a card is NFT, all you need to do is make sure there is a "0" in the "Trade Away" column
they are ??? Sad LMK if there's something else I may need to do Smile
(08-30-2011, 11:03 AM)bigtrip18 Wrote: And as far as lopsided trades go, I'm very very fair when it comes to pc for pc. But if I'm sending someone a ton of pc items, but all they have to offer is one or 2 mid-high end cards that I might be interested in (non pc) then how is it fair for them to lowball?
very true, I guess we need to look at things on a case by case basis .....

I have some offer a lot of inserts and want 1 auto or mem card in return and the BVs will be the same. Not happening. I don't care if the inserts are PC or not

I don't know of anyone who trades autos for inserts/base. I sent an offer for a card a couple of days ago. I wrote a PM to the guy asking that he not accept the trade because I couldn't find the card I was interested in his ORG. So, I just put some kind of other base cards and the auto which he would like. He accepted it.

So, I'm not only out an auto for base/inserts of the same BV, but am also out an auto for inserts that I have no interest in. It really pisses me off that he took advantage of this.

But back to topic, I won't trade straight BV on mem-autos for base/inserts. I usually will do 2-1 on mems and 3-1 on autos. I don't know of anybody that doesn't do that type of thing.

I'm a team collector of Texas Rangers. In need of a lot of inserts from the 1990s and base cards from then as well. I'll start a trade with someone that includes 15-20 base cards and a few inserts, maybe 25 cards all together that don't book a grand total of $40. That person will come back and counter offer a #d/25 auto that has a BV of $40. I say I can't do that, but could do a $15 auto or a $20-$25 mem card. He's not happy and cancels. He said he wasn't getting a fair deal. WTH?

That really pisses me off.

Yeah, it's a case by case basis. I've personally only done that deal (non mem or auto for base) twice. The first was when traded a David Carr rc jsy and a damaged Ricky Williams rc auto for Favre's SC Rc, and the other to toohood for A hornung autobiography and a jennings patch for a Cam newton Rc.

I'm perfectly happy with both those trades, primarily b/c they were for pc purposes, but even I won't go for a $40 auto for a $40 insert.

Unless it was Brett Favre, Bart Starr, or Aaron Rodgers, then I might have to reconsider
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"