`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The future of sports cards...really?

RE: The future of sports cards...really?
Panini needs to worry about making decent products before they start reinventing the wheel. I know Upper Deck has or is going to have the evolution or whatever, same poop w/ them, get an NFL license make good products then give it a go w/ the lights and whistles if you must.
[Image: flo.jpg]
Sadistically collecting Chad OchoCinco Johnson
non 1/1's 2660/3840 69.25% complete

*Every time you use the word "MOJO" an angel gets full blown aids*

For as cool as the technology is, and people thinking outside the box, I am NOT a fan.
[Image: GoBills.jpg]

Thanks KKG for the sweet banner!

Collecting all Bills. Also trying to complete rookie sets from Topps Mayo 08 and 09 and 1999 SP Authentic Player's Ink Green Signatures. And any and all Scott Chandler's.

This isn't really thaaaat new, Upper Deck just did this a few months ago with their Evolution cards. I pulled 3 of em, Romo, Patrick Willis and Desean Jackson. I think they're neat to have if you like the actual player for your PC, but other than that....junk.

http://www.beckett.com/news/2011/03/uppe...on-market/

Here's my 3:
[Image: evolution_cards.jpg]

(08-29-2011, 03:26 PM)adidasking417 Wrote: This isn't really thaaaat new, Upper Deck just did this a few months ago with their Evolution cards. I pulled 3 of em, Romo, Patrick Willis and Desean Jackson. I think they're neat to have if you like the actual player for your PC, but other than that....junk.

http://www.beckett.com/news/2011/03/uppe...on-market/

Here's my 3:
[Image: evolution_cards.jpg]
Yeah, this is more impressive to me (although the cards you posted look terrible)

If they still look like cards... fine. The panini card looked as thick as an ipod. Nothing more than a limited media skinned ipod.

I don't know how far it's come, but paper thin monitors/tv screens are in the works... maybe that's when this ideal will work.

If I want to see video on a card, I can just go get some more old Sportflix and Laserview cards! I don't want my cards to need a battery or have USB ports and other such hi-tech crap. I hated these things as soon as I heard about them (UD's & Panini's) many months ago. It is absolutely stupid and has very little to do with the hobby of collecting. Highlight reels are everywhere and the majority of the WORLD has access to ESPN/FoxSports/YouTube/etc. on TV and on their computers/phones. It is just the newest gimmick that is destined to fail. UD is desperate to keep collectors interested in their company and Panini is trying to make a name for themselves so they can actually last awhile. I wish Panini would spend more time in the design dept. than the idiotic ideas dept.! If they would make less childish looking designs on the cardboard they are printing, I would actually care what they are releasing.
Sorry for the mini-rant, I am just tired of soooo much trash being put out by all the card companies!
(08-30-2011, 06:34 PM)0mattinglyalexander0 Wrote: Yeah, this is more impressive to me (although the cards you posted look terrible)

If they still look like cards... fine. The panini card looked as thick as an ipod. Nothing more than a limited media skinned ipod.

I don't know how far it's come, but paper thin monitors/tv screens are in the works... maybe that's when this ideal will work.
Those are really thick too! They are just opened up in that pic (they are booklet-style cards).

Dumb cards.
[Image: OSWALT-1-3.jpg]