Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Value of 90's stars

Value of 90's stars
Will we ever see the value of the 90's stars increase some
? I am talking about stars like Griffey, Thomas, Ripken. The Griffey rc's have really lost their value over the years and was wondering if we would start seeing increases in the future with him getting the HOF nod. Just seems like the hobby value has gone towards prospects that havn't done crap yet.

RE: Value of 90's stars
Rcs from 80s and early 90s were so mass produced, they may never see marked increases in values.

there is plenty of value left in 90s stars cards...its just more finetuned now and you have to have the right cards...as far as the mass produced junk that makes up the other 98% of the 90s I wouldn't hold my breath on those ever going up in value other than gem mint copies of cards and nothing less.

plenty of 90s inserts that sell for large premiums and only getting higher and higher.

the problem with the base stuff is there is just SO much of most of it out there, the number of cards possible are ....endless.. compared to 90s low numbered S/N stuff in which you only have X shots at getting one

same can be said for vintage as there isn't really much of an opportunity for new product to be opened and more cards to be found so its an ever dwindling pool of high condition cards to choose from.

in short - no I don't see a big increased value, however there are exception cards/players and BGS graded 9.5-10 cards and PSA10 cards of key RCs are probably your best bet outside of hard to find (and nice looking) chase/inserts
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

I always wondered this abt the Junior UD RC--I remember at one point it was up to 150 and now its down to....well I won't post the price bc I don't wanna get in trouble lol but its considerably less. I understand it started to drop when he had all his injuries and lost his shot at 756, but I always assumed it would go up at least a little when he's a first ballot HOFer. Who knows
[Image: Pirates_AlavarezMcCutchen.jpg]

with the advent of "grading" and the overproduction of cards and serial numbered cards today it only hurt the raw cards from the 90's in my opinion. Some inserts from that era are still hugely popular and sell well. for instance i've seen some griffey inserts go for 2 to 8 times BV. just depends on the card. Many collectors love the grading system because if you get that 9-10 they know the card is absolutely perfect and that's where the value is to them. go look up a gem mint 10 griffey RC there's the value. I personally could care less. I have one and i'm pretty confident it would score a 9-10 if I cared enough to send it in.
no org, please do not send trade requests