`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Place to buy cards (boxes)

RE: Best Place to buy cards (boxes)
(08-27-2011, 12:33 PM)JChrist1732 Wrote: Cool, thanks for the recommendations. Is ebay a good place? Obviously, you can't just go and buy the exact box you want whenever you want, but there should be good deals there.
There are some perty good deals on there, but the ones that are not over marked 20+ bucks usually come from D&A and blowout anyway. D&A, cardsinfinity and blowout seem to have the best rep and wont be trying to hunt boxes using letter scales then reseal the box making it look new.

A old trick use to be you could feel a good card in a pack, me and my bro thought we was some first class experts "fingering" packs and always getting the goodies lol. But now its alot easier just to weight as the good cards are thicker weigh more and its easy as heck to get screwed over by a box hunter/reseller on places like ebay if you dont buy from the respectable places people know about..
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(08-27-2011, 02:13 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: I buy singles on ebay. As for boxes, I buy boxes from Blowoutcards.com and I also buy them from my LCS. The LCS may be a little more expensive but I feel the need to support what they're doing. The online stores are slowly killing them.
I do the same exact thing. I've only had one problem while dealing with Blowout, and it really wasn't their issue, however they cut me a half-price deal on my next box just to make me happy. And I was.

My local shop is also online, but they make their money with their brick and mortar store. I like to get a box from them every so often, as well as my supplies. Last summer, they ran a promotion where you got so many tickets for buying a box and busting it in the shop. You got a ticket for a jersey card, 3 for an auto, and 10 for a 1/1. Then they had a raffle for items in the store. I had 2 boxes with 1/1 plates in them, so I had a BUNCH of tickets, and left with a BUNCH of stuff like a Ferguson Jenkins autographed Rangers hat and a dual autographed OU hat.

You can't get that type of stuff from an online store.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(08-27-2011, 02:49 PM)all day baby Wrote: I do the same exact thing. I've only had one problem while dealing with Blowout, and it really wasn't their issue, however they cut me a half-price deal on my next box just to make me happy. And I was.

My local shop is also online, but they make their money with their brick and mortar store. I like to get a box from them every so often, as well as my supplies. Last summer, they ran a promotion where you got so many tickets for buying a box and busting it in the shop. You got a ticket for a jersey card, 3 for an auto, and 10 for a 1/1. Then they had a raffle for items in the store. I had 2 boxes with 1/1 plates in them, so I had a BUNCH of tickets, and left with a BUNCH of stuff like a Ferguson Jenkins autographed Rangers hat and a dual autographed OU hat.

You can't get that type of stuff from an online store.
Wow! That's pretty sweet. My LCS does some things sorta like that as well.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

NEVER BUY BOXES FROM EBAY, people reseal packs and boxes and sometimes they only sell on ebay once they discover that the case hit is gone

Damn, kinda hope ur wrong. Just 2 boxes of inception, waiting for them to come in

(08-27-2011, 05:20 PM)chiefsncards275 Wrote: NEVER BUY BOXES FROM EBAY, people reseal packs and boxes and sometimes they only sell on ebay once they discover that the case hit is gone

If you can possibly go to a Card Shop you are going to get 100000 times better hits than buying online.
As long as you go to a hobby shop that buys direct.

There was a streak between me and my buddy.....6 boxes in a row....and keep in mind this is lower end stuff (around 100 a box) we got a hit worth ATLEAST $100 in every box.

Some of the hits are
Tebow SPX auto jersey
Newton Elite TOTC auto
Jake Locker Sweet Spot Helemt variation auto
Percy Harvin Letterman /15
and then he bought 3 boxes offline bc they were cheaper and I dont think I got a single card worth over 30 bucks.

It is worth that extra money to buy a box from a card shop.

Got my boxes in from Ebay. Got some good cards!

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1455421.html

Dave & Adams Card World has 100% of my trust. I do all of my buying from them, mostly from thier actual brick and mortars. I've never done any business with Blowout, and have heard some strange things from local collectors who have. I don't wish to smear anyone, but since they all voiced the same issue, I can't feel to trust Blowout over D&A..
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)