`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Birthday To Me

Happy Birthday To Me
Today, I turn the big 4-0. And it has started out good.

Get a package in the mail from the Father In Law. Inside is an autographed Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd jersey. I will have to get pictures up later.

Saw an ad on Craigslist for cards. First of 2 boxes all late 80's early 90's. Second box had the better cards. All star/rookie cards from the late 80's early 90's. A Kyle Petty autographed card. A stack of about 60 basketball cards from the mid 70's with some names I recognized. Some older baseball singles in good condition. And a stack of football cards from the 70's. Guy wanted $100, I counter with $20. He accepts. Have not had a chance to go through it all yet.

And when I get home, I see a box of 2011 Bowman Platinum and I think 2009 SP Baseball. Then the wife and kids kicked me out of the room. It will be a good night tonight.

Got a beef brisket on the smoker, plenty of cold beer on hand, and the neighbors coming over for poker.

Oh yeah, and the wife makes me a red velvet cake from scratch. No wonder I am fat.

RE: Happy Birthday To Me
Happy BDay!
Collecting Joey Votto-

[Image: JoeyVottoBanner2.jpg]

"The other sports are just sports. Baseball is a love."

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you are going to have a pretty nice day. Enjoy!
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

Wow, just found a nice looking 1964 Topps Warren Spahn. Some corner issues, but a nice looking card.

The basketball was not what I hoped. Best card is 1979 Topps Pete Maravich. Second best are 2 1977 Topps Walt Frazier cards. Just found some Pat Riley from 1974 and 1975. Julius Erving from 1975. The basketball I can send to COMC and get money out of.

Still digging.

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

(08-26-2011, 03:10 PM)bosoxfan1971 Wrote: Today, I turn the big 4-0. And it has started out good.

Get a package in the mail from the Father In Law. Inside is an autographed Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd jersey. I will have to get pictures up later.

Saw an ad on Craigslist for cards. First of 2 boxes all late 80's early 90's. Second box had the better cards. All star/rookie cards from the late 80's early 90's. A Kyle Petty autographed card. A stack of about 60 basketball cards from the mid 70's with some names I recognized. Some older baseball singles in good condition. And a stack of football cards from the 70's. Guy wanted $100, I counter with $20. He accepts. Have not had a chance to go through it all yet.

And when I get home, I see a box of 2011 Bowman Platinum and I think 2009 SP Baseball. Then the wife and kids kicked me out of the room. It will be a good night tonight.

Got a beef brisket on the smoker, plenty of cold beer on hand, and the neighbors coming over for poker.

Oh yeah, and the wife makes me a red velvet cake from scratch. No wonder I am fat.
Brisket, Beer, Cards, and Red Velvet cake. You lucky SOB. Happy Birthday. I am sure you will enjoy it. Damn I could go for some brisket now or at any point of any day. No wonder I'M fat.

Over the hill now arnt you. Well I will be 39 and holding I would never admit I was a day older than that.
But of course Im going to do it better in my next 30 years.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Happy Birthday! Can you post a scan of the brisket?
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

(08-26-2011, 03:10 PM)bosoxfan1971 Wrote: Today, I turn the big 4-0. And it has started out good.

HAPPY BDAY.....what a story