`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COME ON EBAY SELLERS - Rant :/

RE: COME ON EBAY SELLERS - Rant :/
I bought a 24 card lot of Sam Bradford cards last night on eBay for like $26....which was a good deal because one of the cards in the lot alone would probably fetch $20-$30. The big kicker is that his shipping charge was $7.50!!!! I think that is one reason why I got the lot for just $26. I can't wait to see how it is shipped though. My assumption would have to be Priority Mail w/ DC, right?

(08-26-2011, 07:36 PM)rascrush Wrote: bubble mailer is anywere from 1-1.71 depending on how theperson does it at the post office
top loader- 14 cents
penny sleeve 1 cent
dc if u choose to do that 80 cents

total anywere between without dc 1.15-1.86
with dc 1.95-2.66

i see no issue charging 3.00-3.50 shipping on a card

generally i dont do dc inless its over like 30.oo bv card but i always ship in a bubble mailer and depending on the bv of card will depend on penny so on so fourth
Just wanted to say that is the coolest banner I have ever seen!

(08-28-2011, 07:43 AM)niener82 Wrote: Your worried what it cost to ship something more than you are about if it makes it there in one piece.
I've never had a problem with PWE. Check out the thread on the main board with the 100 dollar plus Griffey shipped in bubble mailer. Obviously the little bubble wrap doesn't protect from stupidity. Stuff can happen either way.

(08-28-2011, 07:43 AM)niener82 Wrote: If you bought 100 count of bubble mailers on line for $11.00,It cost what,.80 cents to ship one card in a top loader in a bubble mailer?
In case you haven't been to the post office in a while, its 1.71 to ship.

(08-28-2011, 07:43 AM)niener82 Wrote: You also said it's taboo to many people ,So it's obvious that traders on here have all had it happen one time or another to them,And it tee's them off.
Which is why I said in my post that I always ask first. Always. Why can't I use a PWE if it's ok with the other trader and the other trader sends in PWE and its ok with me? I'm trying to figure out the problem when both traders have agreed beforehand to ship with PWE.

My main point that you missed:

If I'm trading for a 3 dollar card, I have to spend 2 dollars to ship and trade 3 dollars worth of my cards. Or I could just spend the 2 dollars to get my card on ebay and keep the cards I would be otherwise be trading away and save a trip to the post office which also costs money to drive there. Call me cheap but I don't throw my money away by making trades for cards when I could just buy them for the same money. Which is why I use PWE for cheap trades, otherwise its just not worth it.

[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

(08-29-2011, 03:51 PM)dlcarst Wrote: I've never had a problem with PWE. Check out the thread on the main board with the 100 dollar plus Griffey shipped in bubble mailer. Obviously the little bubble wrap doesn't protect from stupidity. Stuff can happen either way.

In case you haven't been to the post office in a while, its 1.71 to ship.

Which is why I said in my post that I always ask first. Always. Why can't I use a PWE if it's ok with the other trader and the other trader sends in PWE and its ok with me? I'm trying to figure out the problem when both traders have agreed beforehand to ship with PWE.

My main point that you missed:

If I'm trading for a 3 dollar card, I have to spend 2 dollars to ship and trade 3 dollars worth of my cards. Or I could just spend the 2 dollars to get my card on ebay and keep the cards I would be otherwise be trading away and save a trip to the post office which also costs money to drive there. Call me cheap but I don't throw my money away by making trades for cards when I could just buy them for the same money. Which is why I use PWE for cheap trades, otherwise its just not worth it.
Point taken.If traders agree to do that way that's fine.I've had traders on other sites ask me to do PWE.I soon not do that.I'll tell them if money is the issue I'll send them the money for the postage.I know this rant went every which way,But the main point was paying $3.00 for shipping & getting a PWE for that price.I'm sorry if I offended you.It was meant for the overcharging people being cheap

[Image: 4493bcb91_zpsb323e81b.jpg]

Looking for 2012 & 2013 Topps inserts and sp's

My bucket

It's all good. I don't think anyone disagrees that charging 3.00 shipping in a PWE is highway robbery. It's silly that people do that, but I remember years ago when ebay was fairly new and people were charging 20 dollar shipping and getting away with it...
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

(08-28-2011, 08:02 AM)JASCards Wrote: Where do you all ship from?!?!?! USPS First Class with DC# cost $2.56 on the nose for one card in a buble mailer.....I always just use old top loaders to ship so I save a lil there.....
Paypal = $1.75 for the same thing up to 4 OZ..
Post office trip?? Never needed, not even for customs forms anymore

Shipping generally means Shipping & Handling. While with cards it's not as labor intensive (most of the time) when selling other items there's a little work that goes into getting stuff packed right to avoid damage. Plus with the bite Ebay takes in fees I dont begrudge a seller getting A LITTLE back on shipping fees especially when stuff like cards usually sells at 50% or less of BV.

Now if someone is charging you 10 bucks for shipping something in a PWE that's a tad different.
Is this thing on?

Just got another card in the mail today which I was charged $2.99 shipping on....and you guessed it, shipped in a PWE. The name on the return is a name I recognize as a member here.....you would think as much as we drill this crap around here people would learn.

My reply was the song and dance that I've heard from a couple people in this thread, saying if you got the item just fine and dandy then what is the deal with what the shipping cost was.

Do people not realize that the eBay marketplace is a fluid one? Just because I won a card for $.99, tomorrow the next one might sell for $10. HOW IS THAT MY PROBLEM? I won the card for what I won it for. ANY money after that which I'm charged for shipping, ALL that money is to go for SHIPPING. You think when one of my items sell for a little less than what I had hopped, I say to myself, eh, it's just shipping, as long as it gets to him I can stick him for an extra couple bucks and toss it in a PWE to make a couple extra dollars off my poor sale??? NO, I recognize the risk of selling on eBay and that prices fluctuate and stuff can sell good one day and maybe not so well the next. How is that the problem of the person who places the bid?!?!?

Some people maybe don't give a damn, but I nickle and dime my card buying budget.....every little bit helps me get something else for my collection. Just because I find a decent deal on one card doesn't mean that gives the seller an excuse to slap me for extra money.

I rarely sell cards on Ebay but I have been selling other collectibles and fishing items on there for ten years now and have always charged the exact same amount for shipping as it cost me to mail the package...until recently...In Ebays "wisdom" they recently decided the best way to keep shipping cost low is to charge fees to the seller based on your shipping charges, (they used to only charge fees on the items final sale price) so now it is costing me money to just charge the buyer what I pay at the post office...Those of us that never did make extra off of shipping are now punished by those that abused the system....Now that I have had a chance to see what their fees on shipping are I have added this cost on to the buyer...why should I be punished for having played fair all these years...for me to ship a single card in a bubble mailer with delivery confirmation it costs $2.51 but I would charge $2.77 to cover what I would lose in fees...If plain white envelopes have seemed to become more common recently I would guess other people handled these added fees in a different way...

(08-26-2011, 01:10 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: What I hate is when the top loader is taped shut. Yeah good thought but a) you could damage the card cutting the tape b) you could dameage the card pulling it out, by getting caught on the tape and c) the card sticks to the tape because like stated above no penny sleeve.
Agreed; I use rubber bands, once the rubber band is doubled over the top loader the top is closed and the card won't slide around.