`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COME ON EBAY SELLERS - Rant :/

RE: COME ON EBAY SELLERS - Rant :/
(08-26-2011, 02:22 PM)capncush Wrote: why does it cost so much to ship? i pay $1.75 for shipping with DC and i just found out today that i should be shipping it at 2 oz instead of 3 oz like i have been so ill be shipping even cheaper from now on. paypal multiorder shipping or buying through ebay is the way to go man. no need to run to the PO...
It now cost the same to ship an item that weighs 1-3 oz. using paypal or whatever. So you should still be paying the same amount for shipping even at the 2oz rate.
[Image: bannerthj011.jpg]
Thanks to talkntribe for my banner!

http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/Trey_Jones001/index

I bought a hobby box of 11 Bowman Platinum in April on a presell. I have to day, not seen the cards, not heard from the seller. contacted ebay and they said that it was more than 45 days old and they could not open a case. I got screwed and there is not a whole lot I can do. Ever happened to anyone else? CRAP/CRAP/CRAP.
If you have less than 25 trades. I ask that you ship first!
Collecting RC's / Prospects / USA / Aflac & Mike Stanton......
[Image: Scan1-1.jpg]

(08-26-2011, 02:45 PM)slufan83 Wrote: Everyone has good points for both sides....it'll just be one of those things everything disagrees about no matter what haha. But I'm not whining, I have every right to have an opinion just like you do. I could speak poorly toward those who disagree with me, but they have every right to an opinion and to speak their mind just like I'm doing. Comments like that can be kept to yourself, however, if you can't keep this civilized. I like starting a debate to see what peoples' opinions are, but try to think before you post please.
what is not civilized? i agree with your complaint but dont complain about the cost of shipping if you are still bidding. you have every right to hit the ask seller a question to see how they ship their items. if you have time to look and bid just ask. there is no debate over anything. if it is shipped at a post office with dc it is about $2.50. many buyers still complain about whaat it actually costs to ship. sellers do get demoted for alleged overpriced shipping even if it is $1 charged. as far as the tape on the top loads would you rather it slides out and gets damaged to have even more to complain about? it takes a finger nail to break scotch tape then you peel it off and put it in whatever you want. if items are shipped in a magnetic there are complaints the plastic has sticky stuff on it. the bay does nothing to help sellers who take pride in fast and careful shipping because there is always one that is not happy with anything and wants that $50 card they paid $6 for with $1 shipping to get a refund. i am sure the agrees with this would overwhelm the disagrees
(08-26-2011, 05:38 PM)jnjbj Wrote: I bought a hobby box of 11 Bowman Platinum in April on a presell. I have to day, not seen the cards, not heard from the seller. contacted ebay and they said that it was more than 45 days old and they could not open a case. I got screwed and there is not a whole lot I can do. Ever happened to anyone else? CRAP/CRAP/CRAP.
why would you wait that long anyway?
(08-26-2011, 04:48 PM)TheEvilEmpire Wrote: There is no reason for someone to charge $2-3 dollars for shipping if they use a PWE.

Heck I always ship with a bubble mailer and it doesn't cost no more than $3 bucks including delivery confirmation.
you are so right. out of country doesnt hit $3 in a bubbler . answer to it is walk to wallyworld and buy their bubblers for .59 each and ship nicely

Zip you just don't get it. I see an auction I want, see a shipping price for $2.50, I think that's reasonable so I bid. When the item arrives in a cheap little white envelope hanging out of the toploader, questions are going to be asked. It is COMMON SENSE to assume that for $2.50 my item is going to be packaged properly and my $2.50 is going to be used appropriately to ship my item securely. I don't know how you can justify charging $2.50 for a piddly white envelope and $.44 stamp. I don't care if the card arrived safely or damaged....for what I was being charged for shipping, it wasn't used appropriately.

Out of 218 ratings, my shipping cost rating overall is a 4.8. I charge $3.00...the buyers know my cost before they bid and if they don't like it then they don't have to bid. But what they will get is the piece of mind that the item will be shipped securely and properly.....bubble mailer, top loader w/ sleeve, and either pack fillers or cardboard secured around the card. People are charging that same price and are shipping their items in a piddly envelope. Would you rather be almost positive your item is getting to the buyer securely, or do you not really care. $1 or $30, a card is a card to me. Someone worked for that money and they deserve to get their card shipped to them properly and what they paid for shipped should be used appropriately.

(08-26-2011, 07:23 PM)slufan83 Wrote: Zip you just don't get it. I see an auction I want, see a shipping price for $2.50, I think that's reasonable so I bid. When the item arrives in a cheap little white envelope hanging out of the toploader, questions are going to be asked. It is COMMON SENSE to assume that for $2.50 my item is going to be packaged properly and my $2.50 is going to be used appropriately to ship my item securely. I don't know how you can justify charging $2.50 for a piddly white envelope and $.44 stamp. I don't care if the card arrived safely or damaged....for what I was being charged for shipping, it wasn't used appropriately.
okay lets try this again. i AGREE with you. it is not right to charge 2.50 for a pwe. not today not tomorrow not ever. you are correct to complain to that seller for this reason. the point i was trying to make (not you) was there are too many buyers killing a sellers dsr and feedback for shipping cheap, fast and safe just to think they are funny and can do it.

(08-26-2011, 07:29 PM)zip726 Wrote: okay lets try this again. i AGREE with you. it is not right to charge 2.50 for a pwe. not today not tomorrow not ever. you are correct to complain to that seller for this reason. the point i was trying to make (not you) was there are too many buyers killing a sellers dsr and feedback for shipping cheap, fast and safe just to think they are funny and can do it.
Gotcha....yea some people do use the rating system incorrectly.

bubble mailer is anywere from 1-1.71 depending on how theperson does it at the post office
top loader- 14 cents
penny sleeve 1 cent
dc if u choose to do that 80 cents

total anywere between without dc 1.15-1.86
with dc 1.95-2.66

i see no issue charging 3.00-3.50 shipping on a card

generally i dont do dc inless its over like 30.oo bv card but i always ship in a bubble mailer and depending on the bv of card will depend on penny so on so fourth
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

(08-26-2011, 07:31 PM)slufan83 Wrote: Gotcha....yea some people do use the rating system incorrectly.
lol thanks that gave me a smile. i have sold many things on and offline. cheap and expensive. but a buyer does deserve the respect of safe and reasonable shipping if they win. i love the hobby whether i make a few sheckles or lose a few. alot of lose online lol. but it is so fun for me to pull a monster or to just open wax. i always have a bunch of singles out of every kind of product laying around for a while. beleive me that is not meant to promote anything but i am always up for trades with decent people. i have never trade online but am sure it can be nothing but fun with the right people. thanks

I'll give you the secret to my success in over 1000 trades here, several hundred buys on Ebay and other sites, and several hundred trades on other sites...

1. When you're buying...figure out how much you want to pay for a card in total, subtract the applicable shipping charge, and bid/offer the difference. Don't worry about the breakdown between shipping & bid price. If I want to pay no more than $10, and shipping is $3, I bid $7. If shipping is free, I bid $10, if shipping is $9, I bid $1.

2. Ignore the envelope. If the card arrives safely, enjoy it. If the card arrives damaged, take the appropriate steps to remedy the situation. Those two rules apply whether or not the card was shipped in a PWE, bubble mailer, or lead-plated box.

If you follow those two simple rules, I guarantee you'll never have angst about shipping charges, PWE's etc again.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

I've seen a couple of posts about the tape on the top loader. When I mail a card, I put the card in a penny sleeve and then I pinch the top closed so the card can't slide to the top and stick. I've received cards that have tape on the loader and the card is sliding around, but has never been stuck to the tape. I don't see the big deal. I know how to open the top loader that has tape on it without damaging the card.

I guess I just don't see that it's that big of a deal.