`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to break some old boxes! (Need advice)

Time to break some old boxes! (Need advice)
I am getting the itch to break open some older stuff. I noticed my LCS has a TON of old stuff still and I have already broken at least 2 boxes of all the current stuff I had any interest in. So now I am going to go back to what I missed when I stopped collecting!

Obviously, I am going to stay away from 80's-mid 90's.

Are there any years that really stand out for rookies? Are there any sets in the early 2000's that really stand out? I always had a soft spot for Finest, so that may be where I go. Any suggestions? This is for baseball and football, I will post this on the other forum as well.

RE: Time to break some old boxes! (Need advice)
2004 was a good year for rookie qbs and some other great rookies that year too not sure on what product though.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

2001 was a pretty decent rookie class as well.

2002 is dead - stay away from there....carr, harrington, (of course there is peppers and portis)....
2003 - romo, palamalaoalalaooo, witten, larry johnson....leftwich, carson palmer....watch what boxes you buy, though - romo and pallllaammmaaaloooo aren't in a lot - and those are the ones to chase this year.
2004 - my assessment - best evar!
2005 - never cared for it, some disagree - campbell, ronnie, cadillac.....aaron rodgers....alex smith....frank gore...roddy white....
2006 - dead to me. bush, leinart, lendale white, cutler, blah blah blah
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Thanks guys, good advice!

I'd go with 2005 Rookies & Stars or R&S Longevity, so you can trade me any Jim Leonhard cards that you pull. Tongue Could always hit big with an Aaron Rodgers auto as well!
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

some of the older brands had a lot of mail redemptions that are now expired or the company no longer exist (fleer). so be careful which brands you choose.

Everyone else has given you the info for years. I'll throw in some brands. Finest and SPx are usually good choices in both sports. e-X is a pretty good brand with good BV if you find any.