Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
why the dry spell?

RE: why the dry spell?
Here is another reason which is the reason why I sell if possible:

I don't buy boxes or cases like most people do on here so I don't have the trade bait that many have. The cards I do have are my personal collection and I'm not trading those. For the cards that I do have for trade, I'm looking to sell them in order to raise money to buy cards for my personal collection. I collect autos and GU of hall of famers so I doubt many on here would trade away those for some of the extra RC's that I have available for sell...Not everyone has a bunch of "trade bait" that many members here have and I don't collect inserts or refractors like many do as well. Therefore, I'm limited and buying/selling is the best way for me to obtain cards.
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

I don't have a lot of desirable cards for trade, nor much to sell, we tend to buy most of our cards

seems anything anyone ever wants to trade from that we have is PC stuff that I like too much to get rid of
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

I think the economy could be a factor as well. With card budgets becoming tighter, more people need to sell.

I know for the first time in 18 years I had to sell some cards to fund my collecting.

If you have a few cards that you want to trade, I recommend checking out who wants the card and is willing to trade for it via the trade tools. True, they are not yet what we wanted but they work for the most part anyway. There are quite a few people who have cards marked as wants but have not logged in since March or have nothing for trade, but if you take a few minutes you can find people currently active.

I found one guy on here who had a pretty solid number of trades completed (100+) with a high rating (4.99 I think) who had never once started a thread or made a post.

There are many more people active here than it appears.

I have been making trades every week since the new site. I am willing to buy here and there, but mostly I am trading. If I am buying, it has to be high end cards, and most of the cards that I want in that category, nobody offers them here. I mostly trade here for my PC, which most of them are to complete sets that I am doing.