`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How cool would this feature be

How cool would this feature be
I have been going through alot of trade offers. I'm seeking manny ramirez as alot of you know. So what I do is add every card to the trade cart and then I open another tab and search my database checking to make sure I don't get doubles. This could be very time consuming. It would be nice if beckett created a feature that would tell you "already own" when adding the card to the trade. This would be a great tool for those collectors who have hundreds and thousands of that certain player.

Just a thought. If this has been brought up before I do apologize for bringing this up again.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

RE: How cool would this feature be
you could mark your wants as trade for. this would probably help you.
I collect Jackie Robinson, Dee Gordon, Daniel Nava.

I do something that might seem a little backwards but here it goes. When i get an open offer I go into the organize and select all items. Then I put a 1 for trade for. Then go back into the trade and when I look at another person trade page every card that has a star next to it means I don't need it. After I select my cards I go back into my org and re-set the trade for back to zero. Keeping track of 5k mets cards I have can be a pain but at least this way I don't trade for any cards I already have. Confusing - yes. Time consuming - yes but once you get the hang of it its really a easy process to do. Hopefully on day Beckett will create a better way so I can not do this anymore. It beats looking up every card individually in my org to see if I have it though...
This topic has also been raised in the site suggestion part of the help forum several times but like always there was never any word from Beckett if there is a plan in place...
[Image: fgdfdgdfgdfgdf.jpg]
CARD COUNT: (Met cards - 15655)      (Piazza - 1610)      (Wright - 759)

Like Amy said, that is what the "Want"/"Trade For" feature is for.

For the Manny collector, just search for Manny Ramirez. And in the search results the first line should be the player. Add that player to a dummy collection and it will add all the player's cards. Then go to that collection, and sort by "haves" - which will bring all the ones you already have to the top or bottom. Take those out and add a "1" in the "Trade For" column of the ones that are left.

Now every time you open a trade window, and search for Manny, it will put a star next to any of them that you don't have. I do that with all the players I collect.

The only thing to remember is you'll occasionally repeat the process as new sets are released and new cards of that player are added to the database. It would be great if they could implement a feature where you could tell the system to automatically add new cards of selected players to your organize.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(08-24-2011, 11:41 AM)ceocards Wrote: It would be great if they could implement a feature where you could tell the system to automatically add new cards of selected players to your organize.
That would be a pretty cool feature.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

(08-24-2011, 11:41 AM)ceocards Wrote: Like Amy said, that is what the "Want"/"Trade For" feature is for.

For the Manny collector, just search for Manny Ramirez. And in the search results the first line should be the player. Add that player to a dummy collection and it will add all the player's cards. Then go to that collection, and sort by "haves" - which will bring all the ones you already have to the top or bottom. Take those out and add a "1" in the "Trade For" column of the ones that are left.

Now every time you open a trade window, and search for Manny, it will put a star next to any of them that you don't have. I do that with all the players I collect.

The only thing to remember is you'll occasionally repeat the process as new sets are released and new cards of that player are added to the database. It would be great if they could implement a feature where you could tell the system to automatically add new cards of selected players to your organize.
I do this for players I collect, but it has made my organize unnecessarily large and forces me to include cards I actually don't really want but would take too long to exclude. If I were to add every Braves card, it would be totally unmanageable, so adding this feature would be very helpful. Also, often you are looking to fill out a trade with some cards that are not necessarily wants, but you need to know if you have it already. On the old site, I would do this by just adding everything I might want, then opening each card in a new tab and looking to see if I had it. The new site doesn't show whether or not you have a card on the card's page anymore, so that is no longer an option.

Collecting Smoltz, Teixeira, Chipper, plus other Braves and Georgia Tech stars (Calvin Johnson, Garciaparra, Varitek, Wieters, Demaryius Thomas, Derrick Morgan, Stephen Hill, Michael Johnson, Jarrett Jack and others)