`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ot- The term Super Collector

RE: Ot- The term Super Collector
On another forum, there is an entire area called the supercollector hall of fame. Here is their "standards" to get in.

"The baseball Supercollector will reward player collectors with exemplary collections. These Supercollectors will receive a badge indicating their achievement in collecting a particular player. This award is meant for those who collect everything of a certain player, not just game used, autographs, of high-end cards.
No specified percentage is required; the determination will be made on a player-by-player and collection-by-collection basis. However, in order to apply, you must have at least 15% of a player's cards, as determined via the listing in Beckett. This percentage does not guarantee the entrant will become a supercollector; it is merely to ensure that a minimum standard is met."

[Image: youkjumbosig_zps780de657.png]
Help me find the last one of these ^^^!!!
Bucket http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/20youksox
Current Youkilis Count:602/2117- 28.43%

This is a quote from member Wampier that I thought was really funny and about sums up a true super collector.

A supercollector is "A stalker who is just lazy, and has not taken the next step"

By the way anyone know Ryan Doumit's home address? I want to see if I can get some game used garbage. Smile

(08-22-2011, 11:25 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: I think if you have your own site dedicated to your collection, you're a supercollector Smile
Agreed!

The guy with the Griffey JR room is just nasty! How bout a vacation just in that room man?!

NIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEE!

i use the same factor as mentioned before the collections I see and make me go "WOW!"

griffey room above is a good example..... the poster here with the martin prado collection comes to mind... dbrooks thomas collection etc etc

I consider a supercollection going beyond just "heavily collecting a person" really the guys who kick it up a notch for their player
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(08-23-2011, 12:43 PM)johnxgodfree Wrote: iI consider a supercollection going beyond just "heavily collecting a person" really the guys who kick it up a notch for their player
My wife calls it "man love."
[Image: chipper.jpg]

Collect Atlanta Braves cards/memorabilia. Chipper Jones and ROY autographs (107/130). Currently looking for 2004 Donruss Elite Passing the Torch cards of Chipper Jones, Dale Murphy, or both that I need.

(08-22-2011, 11:25 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: I think if you have your own site dedicated to your collection, you're a supercollector Smile
Then I qualify! Wink

And I had a room like that once... Then we had our second child. Bye bye Astros Room. See pics here: http://www.thebagwellcollector.com/collection/
[Image: BeckettSig.jpg]
I collect: Jeff Bagwell, and have Biggio, Berkman, Oswalt, Billy Wagner, some Pence and Clemens to trade for his cards

Yeah, I would say the Griffey room should be the photo under the wikipedia entry for supercollector.

FYI as a relative noob I just took it to mean that player is a prime focus for a collector. I would hate to collect one to the exclusion of everything else, though, especially since buying packs/boxes etc you can trade away for stuff you want based on bv. To me that seems more fun than just shelling out cash whenever you come across a card, though that would probably be cheaper in the long haul...

(08-24-2011, 01:25 AM)astroburn Wrote: Then I qualify! Wink

And I had a room like that once... Then we had our second child. Bye bye Astros Room. See pics here: http://www.thebagwellcollector.com/collection/
Yeah I can feel you on having to take down the room for family and living arrangements. I have been back anf forth a few times over the years on having it all up. Then all packed away. Luckily now i have room for it and no more kids coming. Awesome collection by the way.

Thanks to everyone else for liking my pics and jtulliakat0628 if you are heading to the Salt Lake area hit me a pm and I would be glad to show the room in person. There is an entry fee of 3 Griffey cards...JK
SUPERCOLLECTOR OF KEN GRIFFEY JR AND MICHAEL SAUNDERS

[Image: myguys.png]

(08-24-2011, 02:41 PM)grfyfan Wrote: Yeah I can feel you on having to take down the room for family and living arrangements. I have been back anf forth a few times over the years on having it all up. Then all packed away. Luckily now i have room for it and no more kids coming. Awesome collection by the way.
Thanks. I had more stashed away when I made that room. I couldnt have it "cluttered". It had to look "presentable". If I had my way, you wouldnt be able to see the walls...
[Image: BeckettSig.jpg]
I collect: Jeff Bagwell, and have Biggio, Berkman, Oswalt, Billy Wagner, some Pence and Clemens to trade for his cards

(08-25-2011, 12:12 PM)astroburn Wrote: Thanks. I had more stashed away when I made that room. I couldnt have it "cluttered". It had to look "presentable". If I had my way, you wouldnt be able to see the walls...
Yeah that is my philosophy. Who needs to see part of a blank wall. I'd rather cover it with something showing Griffey or the Mariners than just have a blank space

SUPERCOLLECTOR OF KEN GRIFFEY JR AND MICHAEL SAUNDERS

[Image: myguys.png]