`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking of dumping the PC - Need some opinions

RE: Thinking of dumping the PC - Need some opinions
I forgot to mention, I stop collecting right after my Whalers left in 1997. I started again last year and enjoying. As some Whaler cards was put out when I was away and newer ones are coming out now.
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

(08-22-2011, 03:09 AM)mrspudhead Wrote: One of the problems you may face in trying to sell everything at once is who is going to buy it. A Jagr collector will have much of what you have so he will only be interested in a small subset of your collection. You'll be left with all but the best and rarest cards. Then what do you do? Just a thought. Spud
That's a great point and it was a problem I ran into too. Most people only needed like one or two of what I was selling, and I had to break it all up here and there, and because I was in a "liquidate" mindset, cause I was mad at how much $$ I was throwing at cards at the time, and sold stuff for less than I paid, because as Spud said, I could not find one single place to unload the whole works.

Collecting Kirk McLean - Todd Bertuzzi - Scott Stevens
[Image: bbbert.png]

(08-22-2011, 12:02 PM)bigbadbert44 Wrote: That's a great point and it was a problem I ran into too. Most people only needed like one or two of what I was selling, and I had to break it all up here and there, and because I was in a "liquidate" mindset, cause I was mad at how much $$ I was throwing at cards at the time, and sold stuff for less than I paid, because as Spud said, I could not find one single place to unload the whole works.
That is very true. There is a very good chance that I would lose money in the long run. I do not know exactly how much I spent in total, but I probably won't get it all back unless I get extremely lucky.
Jaromir Jagr Collector

Jaromir Jagr Collection with scans - http://www.NHLsnipers.com/jaromir-jagr-collection

My Hockey Website - http://www.NHLsnipers.com

I'm prone to rash decisions and indecisiveness (if that's possible) so I say just do it. Wait on the second thought...

To be serious though, if you're able to deliberate this much already, I'd personally set the decision aside until you have fewer major decisions to juggle.

And though it's likely one of the better moments to sell right now given Jagr's return, post-HOF induction would seem an even better time to maximize funds for a new PC. If you're eventually going with a less expensive player, he won't be skyrocketing in value anyway, even 4+ years down the road.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

Don't sell you will regret it especially with Jagr returning to the NHL. Years ago I sold off most of my Felix Potvin collection and I still regret it. I went and purchased some again but there are a few rare ones that I have not seen since.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.