`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow, I'm surprised!

Wow, I'm surprised!
I pulled an Inception Blaine Gabbert auto red parallel #/25 and decided to check the completed listings on the bay to get an idea of what it might be worth. I was pleasantly surprised that they were going for over $100, even as high as $200, which seemed to be as good as most of Newton's completed listings. I know with any new release the numbers are high at the beginning but I wasn't expecting that high. Any idea why? In my opinion they have the coolest look of any product this year, and one of the coolest looks I've seen in some time. I think they look even better than your ultra high end products, with the exception of the damage I've seen to a lot of them. Any thoughts?

RE: Wow, I'm surprised!
Gabbert, Newton, Locker, Ponder, Julio Jones and Ingram are HOT right now (along with several other draftees)! Anything of them that goes on the bay will sell pretty high. If you're not keeping it, put it up NOW. If you wait, it will go down significantly. A couple months from now (unless he gets to start games), it would probably sell for only $20-40.

As for Inception, I like the look of them but still won't buy a box. I am so tired of the 'hits' in Topps being nothing but RC AU's and event-worn JSYs AND manufactured patches. I guess I can add Panini to that as well. Once the 2 companies start putting veteran AU's/GU's back in as 'hits' instead of RC's and faked patches, I'll start buying boxes again.

(08-21-2011, 10:49 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: Gabbert, Newton, Locker, Ponder, Julio Jones and Ingram are HOT right now (along with several other draftees)! Anything of them that goes on the bay will sell pretty high. If you're not keeping it, put it up NOW. If you wait, it will go down significantly. A couple months from now (unless he gets to start games), it would probably sell for only $20-40.
EXACTLY what he said. SELL, SELL, SELL...NOW!

I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(08-21-2011, 11:03 AM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: EXACTLY what he said. SELL, SELL, SELL...NOW!
Thank you for backing me up, Wendy!
The baseball boards are LOADED with this type of thing! Of course, with MLB, prospects is the topic b/c draftees won't start in the MLB for a few years AT LEAST. If they are hot commodities, you need to sell or trade NOW!
June of 2010 a Stephen Stausburg Superfractor AU sold for $16K. That guy got so much crap for buying it at that price that he re-listed it in August and sold it for $21K. I bet it wouldn't sell for more than $2K if it was listed today!

Sell it... It won't be worth the cardboard it's printed on in a few months... Just look at previous so called "hot" players... You are better off...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin