`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diamond Giveaway Dilemma

RE: Diamond Giveaway Dilemma
(08-20-2011, 11:37 PM)nlsn200 Wrote: ebay is the best way unless you want cards as well then walmart sells a box that has 2 cards in the box sometimes you get 3 i have 82 rings in the giveaway will trade you any doubles i have when you need them
I would not buy blasters if you mainly want the codes, they usually have just 1 code. I would buy them on eBay or get a hobby/jumbo box
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(08-20-2011, 01:56 PM)Davis26 Wrote: My son and I have nearly completed our Series 1 and 2 base set, and have 30 rings. Opinions on best way to get the last 15 needed to get the card set?

My options;
eBay - I've bought some that have come up for $2 per code BIN, but they are selling routinely for $3 and up. Too much IMO.

Buy a Series 2 hobby box? The upside is I should get 6 codes in a box, though that is not guaranteed. But I would also get a hit and a bunch of inserts and minis that I'm sure we don't have. The downside is all those duplicates that you can hardly give away. And I'll still need more codes.

It appears Topps Update will not have the Giveaway inserts based on what I read at baseballcardpedia, otherwise we would just wait for that.

Any other ideas or opinions? Thanks for your input.
which ones do u need? im not going to do anything with mine, i think i have like 26

i have several as well and would trade them. I am done buying cards for now and they will never be used. Send me a PM if interested
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

Got part way there today. My son took his eBay money (sold a Cal Jr. patch card) and bought 2 of the 4 pack series 1's at Target that come with a Diamond card, and pulled 2 more Diamonds from the packs. Also pulled a gold, a Dale Murphy mini and some other inserts we didn't have, so definitely a good call on his part.

11 to go!

I stand corrected on Topps Update. I just came across an eBay hobby box presell with promo images posted that confirms the Diamond Giveaway continues with Update. Nice to hear.

Wow, good old Topps. Make us think they wont be there so we buy more product to get the codes (or maybe I just didn't look into it enough...)...I might end up getting that stupid ring after all. But the giveaway's pretty fun, even though the condition of the vintage cards are terrible...
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

(08-22-2011, 06:35 AM)dlcarst Wrote: Wow, good old Topps. Make us think they wont be there so we buy more product to get the codes (or maybe I just didn't look into it enough...)...I might end up getting that stupid ring after all. But the giveaway's pretty fun, even though the condition of the vintage cards are terrible...
yeah I really like the giveaways.....even though I typically get a junker from 1994 for the card....it's fun...I trade all my vintage for die cuts when I can....just because you never know how the card's gonna look when it gets there....
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

(08-22-2011, 06:41 AM)krykslr Wrote: yeah I really like the giveaways.....even though I typically get a junker from 1994 for the card....it's fun...I trade all my vintage for die cuts when I can....just because you never know how the card's gonna look when it gets there....
+1
The trading has been the best part. My son traded his way from a low end DDC to a Longoria, his favorite player. The big break came when he found someone offering a Heyward for the card he had. From there it was easy.

(08-21-2011, 04:12 PM)Davis26 Wrote: Got part way there today. My son took his eBay money (sold a Cal Jr. patch card) and bought 2 of the 4 pack series 1's at Target that come with a Diamond card, and pulled 2 more Diamonds from the packs. Also pulled a gold, a Dale Murphy mini and some other inserts we didn't have, so definitely a good call on his part.

11 to go!
The Target 4 pack deal for $8 seems to consistently yield an extra code, got 2 more codes out of one today and my son unlocked his 2nd die cut.

Much rather pay $4 a code there than the bay, and get a few inserts and parallels to boot. May even fill in a hole in the set!

My strategy is this...I'm at 34 unique rings now. I'll buy something cheap to get a code...Then I'm going to buy a jumbo box of series 2...Jumbo boxes are HTA so I'll get the 10 codes I need + some potential quality hits (at least 3 hits anyway)...Jumbo boxes can be had for under $90 right now, so rather than spend $20-40 bucks online, etc...I'd rather have the cards and make deals with my hits