`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Im torn... need some advice

RE: Im torn... need some advice
(08-18-2011, 07:26 PM)ironman71635 Wrote: I collect what I love and i Love the Hogs.
Smile

[Image: p18mannbanner.gif]

I collect several players and found that I naturally gravitated towards one of them which is Ray Rice. I like to collect Sanchez but his cards are a bit salty for me and luckily the only auto of him that I have, I pulled Smile I also collect Michael Oher but he doesn't have as many cards and I only pick them up when I come by one when I see it at a doable price. Hope this helps. I think you'll find the question will answer itself. Only you know what you can do and still put food on the table Big Grin

Keep you best/fav/rarest manning, one that would be hard to come by or you like the most,.....and move the rest.. There will be many forks in the road of collecting
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

You won't be able to stop collecting Manning or McFadden either way. Smile

I have found that with trading here, it REALLY helps to collect more than one player. Many times someone wanted a card (or cards) I have, but they don't have any of my main guys in any sport. So I am able to pick up some other guys I collect instead. I like to help people out when I have a card they want that I don't really want. So I will settle for someone other than DeAngelo Williams, Ozzie Smith, or Jimmie Johnson. I have 2 NFL guys I really go after, plus anyone from three different teams. I will trade for anyone from the STL Cardinals MLB team, but I have 2 players (other than Ozzie) that I will look for after Ozzie. In NASCAR, I will also look for Mark Martin if they have no JJ's I need. It really helps to collect more than one player in any sport that you collect! Once you get a lot of different cards of the player you collect, you have to branch out or you'll never get any trades done!

i also collect strasburg base cards and rookies... its a fairly decent pc of about 22 rookies and 15 base from this year.

one thing i have found out that sucks is once people hear that you are trying to be a super collector is that people will ask 4x the bv on cards that you show interest in... even if it is a $30 auto of a player they think they can get a $120 peyton manning straight up.

I will take your mannings off of your hands. Stick with Mcfadden, Peyton is a bum !!
Insert Banner.

(08-21-2011, 09:42 AM)p18mann Wrote: i also collect strasburg base cards and rookies... its a fairly decent pc of about 22 rookies and 15 base from this year.

one thing i have found out that sucks is once people hear that you are trying to be a super collector is that people will ask 4x the bv on cards that you show interest in... even if it is a $30 auto of a player they think they can get a $120 peyton manning straight up.
Just don't use the word(s) Supercollector. I know what you are saying, but I have never said I am an Ozzie Smith Supercollector. But I can guarantee that I have one of the largest Ozzie collections of anyone on this site. As far as I can tell, I am the only DeAngelo Williams collector on here too. I don't have any problems with members trying to get a lot more BV for the cards I collect. I will tell someone quick that I trade for equal BV. I may ask for more BV if I am trading away AU's and/or GU's but not getting any back and vice versa. If you lay out some rules at the start of a trade, most will work with you straight. Some people try to pull one over on other traders, but most everyone here will abide by your rules of trading. Trust me, laying out your own rules when getting a TO starts things off right and the trade should go smoothly from there. If they are trying to screw you over, they will cancel quickly when the know they can't do it!

I'm thinking you should get rid of the mannings for some good trade bait lol
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(08-21-2011, 10:00 AM)itsdagooch Wrote: I will take your mannings off of your hands. Stick with Mcfadden, Peyton is a bum !!
got any mcfadden cards?

My advice: Do not sell off or trade Peyton Manning for Darren McFadden, unless you're doing it for something super rare (as in /5 or less). Keep the Manning collection going (or at least intact), slowly work on a McFadden PC but don't put a lot of $$ into it now. If you're in it for the long haul, which I assume you are as a die-hard Razorback fan, then you'll be able to get McFadden for cheap once he retires. Maybe take a break from Manning this season and focus on McFadden/Razorbacks. This time next year, if you find you aren't as attached to the Mannings or no longer desire to keep that going, then maybe look to move some of them.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)