`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Define..... Highend

RE: Define..... Highend
(08-17-2011, 10:32 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: so true bro. and i would not consider a sold no name RC for $200 as "highend"...or a HOFers /5 auto patch that sold for $25 a low ender either...odd how values are really just about the holders and needers opinions...
That's one good thing about cards that have a bv it at the very least gives a guide line. Which in all honesty some people still think that even though the card they have books for 100.00 or whatever that it's worth 300.00. Sv to me is really more or less just what ever someone is willing to pay, does it mean that card is worth that much, no, but it's worth that to them. A card that may complete a set or rainbow may be worth three times more to me than it is to anyone else because of the completion value, it may also be worth more to me, and I have paid well over book at times, for cards I need for PC. It all comes down to how important the card is to the person buying or receiving it, a card even though it has a high bv may not mean anything to me but it means the world to someone else and visa versa, it may have a low bv and not mean anything to me but means a lot to someone else. Anyway that's my little bit of knowledge which I truthfully admit isn't much.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(08-17-2011, 10:48 PM)biglump007 Wrote: That's one good thing about cards that have a bv it at the very least gives a guide line. Which in all honesty some people still think that even though the card they have books for 100.00 or whatever that it's worth 300.00. Sv to me is really more or less just what ever someone is willing to pay, does it mean that card is worth that much, no, but it's worth that to them. A card that may complete a set or rainbow may be worth three times more to me than it is to anyone else because of the completion value, it may also be worth more to me, and I have paid well over book at times, for cards I need for PC. It all comes down to how important the card is to the person buying or receiving it, a card even though it has a high bv may not mean anything to me but it means the world to someone else and visa versa, it may have a low bv and not mean anything to me but means a lot to someone else. Anyway that's my little bit of knowledge which I truthfully admit isn't much.
+1 EXACTLY...
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

I agree with the chart chibearsboy put up. The only problem that comes in are when people stick to a base & go find the highest sale of a card to use in dealing. There may be a high end card but could legitimately sell for less than half. I know more often than not there's times when I'm trying to trade with people who quote a price that screams "forget this!". BV is a guideline but nowadays eBay sales seem to be a better guideline in some circumstances. All the different products doesn't help either. Let's say there's an auto #/10 out of Elite and the same player auto #/10 out of say Tribute. Tribute guy will want more when, in a sense, it's the same card. This discussion will go on forever.
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

(08-17-2011, 11:08 PM)demondukk Wrote: I agree with the chart chibearsboy put up. The only problem that comes in are when people stick to a base & go find the highest sale of a card to use in dealing. There may be a high end card but could legitimately sell for less than half. I know more often than not there's times when I'm trying to trade with people who quote a price that screams "forget this!". BV is a guideline but nowadays eBay sales seem to be a better guideline in some circumstances. All the different products doesn't help either. Let's say there's an auto #/10 out of Elite and the same player auto #/10 out of say Tribute. Tribute guy will want more when, in a sense, it's the same card. This discussion will go on forever.
I know what you mean. I currently collect 49ers RC rainbows of Elite and Prestige. While both of the products are considered "medium end" products. Elite seems to carry a higher sell value for a similar numbered card of the same player. There are many examples of this. Some more dramatic than others.
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

I see it as a combo of things... SV, BV, and the round they were drafted.
For example, there are some Matthew Stafford and Sanchez RC autos that are booked around 80, then some around a gazillion, depending on the product.
If you spend $1000 per box and pull a first round starter then it's probably more than likely HIGHEND unless he's a bust.
It's all supply and demand...
I would definitely say, Contenders, NT, Tribute, and Exquisite are HIGH END vs. Prestige and Topps and Upper Deck...
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

I consider the product vs the player when I factor "High End". It's the cost of the product that determines whether the cards are high end or not. Exquiste, NT, 5 Star all sell for $350-$500 for a 5-8 card pack. These are high end. It's even high end for a no name scrub. It all depends on the product, not the player. A Topps/Upper Deck/Prestige Sanchez, Ryan, Brees, Brady, or AP auto is still "low end" because of the "quality" of the product. Just because it's a star player, it doesn't mean the cardbord it's on is highend. This is my opinion.