`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big NY show w/ on-site grading...

Big NY show w/ on-site grading...
so from august 18-21 new yorks biggest show will be held in white plains, which is about a hour drive from where i am in queens, anyway they will have on-site grading, but im unsure how it actually works

how long does grading on-site take?
how much does beckett charge per card for on-site?

generally what cards are worth getting graded?

i dont wanna grade any of my ewing PC yet, and the centering on my 86-87 ewing isnt good enough for a 9 so i dont want to get it graded until i aquire one that will grade at least 9

i would REALLY be thankful of some of you guys can look at my org and tell me in YOUR opinion what would be worth grading

as of now i plan to get graded:

Blake Griffin Upper Deck RC
Kevin Durant Topps Chrome RC
kevin Durant Fleer RC
Shaq Ultra RC (only because it really looks like it will grade very well)

RE: Big NY show w/ on-site grading...
im not sure how long the onsite grading takes, my guess an hour or two, as for price, seems like i read somewhere recently that it was like 50-100 a card or something crazy like that.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Man, I want to hit that show, dont know if I can though. Its about 3 hours from my in the middle of nowhere Adirondacks small town lol.
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

The on-site grading prices are $30 each for 1-3 cards, $25 each for 4-19 and keep going down a few bucks the more cards you have.. Don't know how long it takes though.. Best of luck if you decide to submit!

http://www.beckett.com/grading/pricing.asp

(08-17-2011, 06:43 PM)krayzie83 Wrote: The on-site grading prices are $30 each for 1-3 cards, $25 each for 4-19 and keep going down a few bucks the more cards you have.. Don't know how long it takes though.. Best of luck if you decide to submit!

http://www.beckett.com/grading/pricing.asp
good call krayzie, my numbers were from memory, seems like someone was saying it was around 50 a card at the national, plus more for an auto grade.
looks like you have to throw an extra $15 for slabbing, and it doesnt say anything about the auto grade from what i saw on the link.

(08-17-2011, 06:59 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: good call krayzie, my numbers were from memory, seems like someone was saying it was around 50 a card at the national, plus more for an auto grade.
looks like you have to throw an extra $15 for slabbing, and it doesnt say anything about the auto grade from what i saw on the link.
Pretty sure the $30 price is grade/slab and all.. The $15 preview is for the impatient type who'd like a heads up before receiving their card back.. I'd never pay those outrageous fees to be honest though lol.. I wish they had a slab only service as I just like the protection the cases offer.. Don't like paying extra for them to label it or throw it in their database though Undecided.

so most likely im not gonna get on-site id much rather pay 14 bucks per card on a 10 day turnaround

Then your trusting your card to travel
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

(08-18-2011, 06:50 AM)antriarc Wrote: Then your trusting your card to travel
yes, but im sure im not the only one, ill just make sure i package it really well, penny, top loader, and 5 teams sets inside of each other, then take a couple fillers i got from packs and and tape it all around so it doesnt move, then throw in in a bubble mailer, im sure it will be fine

(08-17-2011, 07:23 PM)krayzie83 Wrote: Pretty sure the $30 price is grade/slab and all.. The $15 preview is for the impatient type who'd like a heads up before receiving their card back.. I'd never pay those outrageous fees to be honest though lol.. I wish they had a slab only service as I just like the protection the cases offer.. Don't like paying extra for them to label it or throw it in their database though Undecided.
ok i see, if you have a raw graded card, you can get it slabbed for 15, i was thinking the 30 was for a raw grade review, then 15 to slab it, why does this process have to be confussing hahahaha.