`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
2011 Topps Lineage. Everyone is telling me not do buy a caes at $715

RE: 2011 Topps Lineage. Everyone is telling me not do buy a caes at $715
I say push all the chips in and go for a case of Topps Marquee instead.

But, yeah, the downside to Lineage seems to be the lack of quality autos being pulled, the hits all seem to be the the same small batch of guys and going for 5-7 bucks.

Yeah true, about the 5-7 bucks but name a product that does not have these. Look at Gold Standard its how much a box $200 and the autos sell for $5.
Topps Marquee is not the type of product I sell. I use to look High end stuff do I cant sell that at card shows. People want $1 to $.50 and thats it. Maybe jersey for $3-$5 but cheap stuff sells and if I do hit something heavy I simply have to put it on ebay.

(08-17-2011, 02:34 PM)sesamestreet4life Wrote: I say push all the chips in and go for a case of Topps Marquee instead.

But, yeah, the downside to Lineage seems to be the lack of quality autos being pulled, the hits all seem to be the the same small batch of guys and going for 5-7 bucks.
i just went to my lcs and gave him a grand for a 6 box case coming on the 31st.....im pumped up

I really don't like this Lineage product... It's definitely not for me and I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole aside from the very few DBacks cards in it that I will need for my PC.
*Please note that in all of my future trades, I will require extra time to ship. I have no adequate transportation to a post office. If you don't want to wait, please do not trade with me.*

(08-17-2011, 08:27 AM)GCSportsCards Wrote: Ok I really wanted a case two weeks ago when it was at 950 but I needed to buy a case of 2010 UD North Carolina glad I did. But now I can get it at $715 and everyone is saying no it is a waste of money. But I really need $.25 - $1.00 cards for my Card Shows
Please let me know what you think about the hits and the inserts and the paralells
I did a case. BIG mistake. As with many products lately very poor auto insertions; several of same auto card, etc.
[Image: hamiltonfanbanner.jpg]

Always buying Josh Hamilton Items - especially printing plates - low
numbered items - Finders fees given for Hamilton 1/1's and rare items found that are not on ebay.

Ok but I am not really banking on making money from the autos / gu
I am thinking commons .25 / Inserts $1.00 to $3.00; Refractors the same thing
To me this is going to be like Topps Chrome Football, or Bowman Baseball if you get a
harper auto you can make money, if you get a harper low # ref you make the same as the auto
That is what I like about this product. Plus like I mentioned before I need baseball inserts and refs
and HOF commons
what else is on the market with what I am looking for PLEASE tell me
Anyways my package is in PA will be in Friday night
thanks
But Please keep the thread a live

Good luck with your case. Sounds like you got a good deal and know what your customers want. I personally like the set as I enjoy a mix of some of the all time greats with the modern players in a set. I am not in this hobby to make money and collect what I like. Seems to me you are not trying to get rich, just get a little something for your efforts and it appears to me you should be able to do that with the plan you outlined. I hope you do hit a big one! Please share the results of your case with the group.
[Image: TC_RedSox.jpg]

Thanks man,
I will be sharing my result the good bad and ugly
I just want inserts and base everything else is gravy