`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auction Kings TV Show

Auction Kings TV Show
i caught the end of the section in the show where it showed a bgs 6 fleer jordan rc sell for $600 at an auction. just wondering if there was a special story to go with the card for it selling so high. if not, the show lost all credibility to me, but i cant really say ive even watched it, this was the first time i have seen it on. just wondering why anyone would pay 600 for a bgs 6 jordan rc? the only things i could tell were, it was an old grade, it had no subgrades on the front of the card. even though someone may think they could get it regraded, i doubt it would go higher then a bgs7, and i believe you can still get bgs 8's for less then 600.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

RE: Auction Kings TV Show
haha we watched the same show..When I first seen it on there, I was watching it with my dad and told him that it was probably worth or sale for $400 due to the grade. Then I seen it go for more and was like, "wtf?"...

-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

hey evil thanks for the Dawson man. It is one sweet card. LMK if you wanna move the other we talked about and I have anything for them.

(08-17-2011, 08:26 AM)TheEvilEmpire Wrote: haha we watched the same show..When I first seen it on there, I was watching it with my dad and told him that it was probably worth or sale for $400 due to the grade. Then I seen it go for more and was like, "wtf?"...
Currently Collecting:
Baseball HOFers: Autos, Vintage and Rookies
Dallas Cowboys: Autos and Vintage

(08-17-2011, 08:02 AM)pingbling23 Wrote: i caught the end of the section in the show where it showed a bgs 6 fleer jordan rc sell for $600 at an auction. just wondering if there was a special story to go with the card for it selling so high. if not, the show lost all credibility to me, but i cant really say ive even watched it, this was the first time i have seen it on. just wondering why anyone would pay 600 for a bgs 6 jordan rc? the only things i could tell were, it was an old grade, it had no subgrades on the front of the card. even though someone may think they could get it regraded, i doubt it would go higher then a bgs7, and i believe you can still get bgs 8's for less then 600.
Thank you so much for posting this. Rarely post in basketball forums but saw that TV show on last night and saw the Jordan RC and wouldn't change the channel until I saw what it sold for. My brother was with me and was wondering why I was leaving the show on. I explained to him about that card being one of the cards I always wanted as a kid but never got. Unfortunately my power went out for some unknown reason for a few minutes (2nd time in 2 days for no reason) and the Jordan auction was the only one I missed. I would have paid the seller the $400 he wanted out of it on the spot and it never would have made it to auction. Thanks for posting what it sold for, it was driving me nuts.

(08-17-2011, 08:48 AM)phillies816 Wrote: Thank you so much for posting this. Rarely post in basketball forums but saw that TV show on last night and saw the Jordan RC and wouldn't change the channel until I saw what it sold for. My brother was with me and was wondering why I was leaving the show on. I explained to him about that card being one of the cards I always wanted as a kid but never got. Unfortunately my power went out for some unknown reason for a few minutes (2nd time in 2 days for no reason) and the Jordan auction was the only one I missed. I would have paid the seller the $400 he wanted out of it on the spot and it never would have made it to auction. Thanks for posting what it sold for, it was driving me nuts.
Not sure if you caught it or not, but the guy said he traded a Spud Webb RC for it back in 1986 or 1987..It was a cool story..I only hope to one day be able to buy a Jordan Fleer RC, but I would way rather have his Star RC.
(08-17-2011, 08:32 AM)jwest1334 Wrote: hey evil thanks for the Dawson man. It is one sweet card. LMK if you wanna move the other we talked about and I have anything for them.
You're welcome bud. Believe it or not, I found the Niekro the day after I sent you the Dawson. It was stuck behind a Craig Biggio RC that had some tape on the outer casing, lol. I'll let you know when or if I'm looking to trade the others.
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

Yeah my brother was the one who said the guy traded a Spud Webb RC for it and I almost fell over. Amazing what winning the slam dunk contest could do for a player back then.

I watched the same thing with the wife last night and I thought the $400 asking price was kinda high. I was shocked when it sold for $600. I am going to mail my BGS 8 to that auction house when it is time to sell I guess.

I was rooting for a high price, it is good for the hobby when a lamen collector sees that and wants in on collecting more.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(08-17-2011, 09:40 AM)got watcha want Wrote: I watched the same thing with the wife last night and I thought the $400 asking price was kinda high. I was shocked when it sold for $600. I am going to mail my BGS 8 to that auction house when it is time to sell I guess.

I was rooting for a high price, it is good for the hobby when a lamen collector sees that and wants in on collecting more.
no joke, i told my fiance that on ebay that card would probably be in the 350 range, and in no way should it sell that high. it is good for non collectors to see this kind of stuff though, people get shocked when i tell them what some of the things i have would sell for, and how much the truly rare cards sell for. take people like us, instead they have a net worth of a few hundred million dollars and are bringing in a few million a year, not counting the crazy interest they get for having that much in the bank. if that was me, i would just sit on ebay in my spare time and pick up every jordan card i ever wanted, it would be my dream lol, o yeah, i would probably break a couple of cases a week too.
(08-17-2011, 09:00 AM)TheEvilEmpire Wrote: Not sure if you caught it or not, but the guy said he traded a Spud Webb RC for it back in 1986 or 1987..It was a cool story..I only hope to one day be able to buy a Jordan Fleer RC, but I would way rather have his Star RC.

You're welcome bud. Believe it or not, I found the Niekro the day after I sent you the Dawson. It was stuck behind a Craig Biggio RC that had some tape on the outer casing, lol. I'll let you know when or if I'm looking to trade the others.
thats crazy, i didnt see the part about trading the spud for the jordan lol. i bet that other guy kicks himself every day lol. and everyone would probably rather have the star, i guess thats why its a few thousand dollars more, anyone know how many star rcs there are out there vs how many fleer rcs there are?
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(08-17-2011, 09:50 AM)pingbling23 Wrote: if that was me, i would just sit on ebay in my spare time and pick up every jordan card i ever wanted, it would be my dream lol, o yeah, i would probably break a couple of cases a week too.
me too

(08-17-2011, 09:05 AM)phillies816 Wrote: Yeah my brother was the one who said the guy traded a Spud Webb RC for it and I almost fell over. Amazing what winning the slam dunk contest could do for a player back then.
Yeah, but the MJ originally sold for less than $10 back then. The Webb would have been close to that at that time. About 4 years later the MJ card went through the roof.

Needless to say, Webb didn't exactly have the same type of career. It shows what demand can do to a price of a card doesn't it?
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!