`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excel?

Excel?
Is there really no way to download your collection to an Excel file? Admittedly, I am an Excel nerd by trade, but that seems like a pretty obvious feature the Org should have? Anyone else wish you could do this? Am I just not seeing how to do it?

RE: Excel?
(08-16-2011, 08:39 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Is there really no way to download your collection to an Excel file? Admittedly, I am an Excel nerd by trade, but that seems like a pretty obvious feature the Org should have? Anyone else wish you could do this? Am I just not seeing how to do it?
You can, but have to copy & paste each page. Since 500 cards are the max you can display it could be time consuming.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

Ugh. That's what I was doing and my Excel crashed after the 7th page. :-(

That prompted this thread. lol

Give me an export function!!!!

Excel nerd here. I am a David Wright Collector and I keep track of my collection in EXcel.

If you bring up a checklist in the PDF format you can copy the entire sheet and paste it to EXCEL... just make sure you paste special and click "Text"

I then check off each card when I get it

I even took it a step further and broke out the David wright cards by year on separate tabs.. to make it easier....and then to cut down on the number of entries I deleted any 1/1 card...because if I come across it.. I obviously dont have it since it is a 1/1

So basically you can copy large amount to Excel, but only if you can bring up what you are looking for in the checklist view
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

So you can do a copy/paste of the entire thing? Or one page at a time?

(08-16-2011, 08:59 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: So you can do a copy/paste of the entire thing? Or one page at a time?

The WHOLE thing, but not from your ORG.... you can bring up a PDF checklist of say all "David Wright" or the checklist from "2011 Ginter" cards and then copy that into EXCEL, but you cant just copy 3000 random cards from your org

Let me know if you need help
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

Right, that's what I was doing. It sucks. I want to download ALL of them to Excel. Honestly, I am pretty surprised this isn't a feature.

they wont allow an export function due to concerns over misuse of their proprietary information, and frankly, rightly so. between people abusing that in the past, plus people trying to scrape the site, beckett has cause to limit it

sucks for us, but i understand the decision

(08-17-2011, 05:07 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: they wont allow an export function due to concerns over misuse of their proprietary information, and frankly, rightly so. between people abusing that in the past, plus people trying to scrape the site, beckett has cause to limit it

sucks for us, but i understand the decision
Being able to print in pdf format, in year order would be nice too. That's all I want. I have over 60,000 cards so the excel option just isn't going to work for me.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

Customizable reports was one of the items on my "Top 20" enhancements list that I sent to Beckett a couple weeks ago. Don't know if it'll do any good, but they're aware that this is a feature the users want at least.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.