`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collecting concerns (based on years)

Collecting concerns (based on years)
Recent post had me asking this ?. With the late 80's to mid 90's being shaded as over produced do you find yourself staying away from collecting anyplayer or set in those years? Aslo as a bit of a follow up was there a cut off as to when the cards were no longer mass produced? Would say a set of 2011 Topps be less produced than a set of 92 Topps?

RE: Collecting concerns (based on years)
The closest to mass produced now a days would be basic topps. But not anywhere close to the 80s-early 90s.

Cut off to me is late 90s

once they started making game used cards, even if they were harder pulls at the time is where i think they stopped mass production

I wouldn't count out every set as being not worth collecting....I'd love to get my hands on a 1992 Bowman set for sure.....and '89 Donruss has some neat stuff for those on a low budget with all the RCs, but I can't say I'll ever jump up and down over a 1988 Donruss set...
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

I have all of the Tiffany and Tiffany Traded Sets from the 80's and 90's. They were limited to a few thousand sets.
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

93 finest is a nice set
Collect Andrew McCutchen, Roberto Clemente and most current/vintage Pirates. Some Braves Dynasty like Maddux, Klesko, Javy & Chipper.

[Image: cutchbanner.jpg]

I collect Ozzie Smith, his career was right through all the overproduction and sometimes it's actually tougher collecting everything from a player then. Sure its easy getting the base cards, but there were also hundreds and hundreds of oddball sets, then the Tiffanys and Glossys and everything. Nowadays is a different animal, where there's far less cards to collect, they're just way more expensive.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

I don't think there is any set that is not worth collecting. People collect certain sets for certain reasons. Me...I am collecting Topps, Donruss, Fleer and UD sets from my youth - 1987-1992. These are junk era cards with very little value, but it's fun for me and makes me nostalgic when I see the cards after so many years.

(08-17-2011, 08:42 AM)mjbuchanan80 Wrote: I don't think there is any set that is not worth collecting. People collect certain sets for certain reasons. Me...I am collecting Topps, Donruss, Fleer and UD sets from my youth - 1987-1992. These are junk era cards with very little value, but it's fun for me and makes me nostalgic when I see the cards after so many years.
Well said. I feel the same way. I love my 92 Bowman and Fleer update sets. I've traded a few away but still have most of them. I'm slowly getting there on the 93 Finest set. I even have sets from the late 80's.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1