`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
QB controversy... need help

RE: QB controversy... need help
(08-16-2011, 04:33 PM)usafshelland Wrote: Are you really comarping Bradford to Peyton? LOL If Bradford is to Manning, then is Tebow to Elway... you're crazy.

Speaking in terms of cards... Bradford, you'll be competing against the rest of the world to get a nice Bradford...Freeman, still an unknown and doubt he'll ever turn into an elitist...at least not in Tampa, thus his cards will never be super expensive. Flacco, he needs some weapons to throw to... for 2011 the best he has to throw to is Boldin? C'mon...until Baltimore starts drafting some decent receivers, they'll never make it to the SB.

Bottomline: stick with what you're good at... to me, that's Flacco.
Ok I'm pretty sure I'm not crazy. I'm speaking in terms of player potential. I also said it's my opinion which I'm pretty sure I have a right to have. And no Tebow does not have the potential to be an Elway caliber player player. Bradford does have the potential to be a superstar QB ala Peyton Manning.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

one other thought.... depending on your purpose of collecting one of these quarterbacks...

If you are looking to collect then sale, Freeman's cards have a lot more potential return value in them compared to Bradford or Flacco.

for example, Bradford's card right now may cost $150. Five years from now, the same card may cost $200.

On the other hand, Freeman's card may cost $75. Whereas, five years from now, the same card may cost $200.

(08-16-2011, 04:33 PM)usafshelland Wrote: Are you really comarping Bradford to Peyton? LOL If Bradford is to Manning, then is Tebow to Elway... you're crazy.

Speaking in terms of cards... Bradford, you'll be competing against the rest of the world to get a nice Bradford...Freeman, still an unknown and doubt he'll ever turn into an elitist...at least not in Tampa, thus his cards will never be super expensive. Flacco, he needs some weapons to throw to... for 2011 the best he has to throw to is Boldin? C'mon...until Baltimore starts drafting some decent receivers, they'll never make it to the SB.

Bottomline: stick with what you're good at... to me, that's Flacco.
Really freeman has no chance in Tampa how is that?? how does somebody not have a chance when they have blount in the backfield 2 rising recieversbenn and mike williams, a already proven and probably the top tight end in the league with winslow, and to top it all of well lets just say FREEMAN!!!!!! Then on defense you have 2 top draft picks with Clayborn and Bowers who was going to be a first pick in the draft except he had a broken foot and now hes fine. oh and did i mention they already had Ronde Barber and Gerald McCoy
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

(08-16-2011, 05:13 PM)mcleodfive Wrote: Really freeman has no chance in Tampa how is that?? how does somebody not have a chance when they have blount in the backfield 2 rising recieversbenn and mike williams, a already proven and probably the top tight end in the league with winslow, and to top it all of well lets just say FREEMAN!!!!!! Then on defense you have 2 top draft picks with Clayborn and Bowers who was going to be a first pick in the draft except he had a broken foot and now hes fine. oh and did i mention they already had Ronde Barber and Gerald McCoy
You're right... plenty of weapons... but no line. Sorry, If I don't have 3 seconds to drop back and throw or put the ball in the breadbasket of Blount, I'm not going to be successful. All great offenses are mainly great because of the line.

Trust me Pat Morris will bring the line back to what it was like in 2008 before gruden and morris where fired
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

well.
Bradfords cards are just too high.
You can get several of the other guys for the price of one Bradford.
I have picked up Flacco autos for 15-20 dollars several times.
I collect him a bit myself.Freeman is probably going to be a pretty good QB.
Just not sure how good yet.
Flacco is the only proven guy out of the list,and you can collect him pretty cheap,you already have a jump on it,I would stick with him and maybe just get one or two cards of the other guys you like.

I pretty much agree with Lump but I think Bradfords super star potential is somewhere around the Drew Brees range and not the Peyton range.
The way I look at Peyton is he is at the bottom of the list of the most elite QB's in NFL history and is climbing that list every seasn.
I put Marino,Montana,Elway and Manning in a class of their own, no body else even comes close.
I do think Flacco is a bit better than he gets credit for.....he lacks any elite weapons but yet he puts up points.
Stick with your boy!

Couple things here.
Flacco is pretty much eliminated. Kinda saw this coming. I'm from Pittsburgh and HATE THE STEELERS! (yes it's possible, I love the Pirates & Pens). I root for the Ravens like you wouldn't believe when they play Pittsburgh. When Flacco plays a D that is complex, he seems to falter. He doesn't seem to go thru his reads, doesn't check down, and it seems like the situations get the best of him.

Send offers for his cards if you would like.

When I started this I was leaning toward Bradford. I can honestly see the Manning comparison. He is now in a system that will probably resemble the Patriots offense with a much better runner. He performed very well last year with limited weapons around him. His weapons are still pretty limited this year too. Bradfords' cards are very expensive though and probably won't go up too much more.

Freeman is 3 years younger than Flacco and 3 months younger than Bradford. He had an incredible jump from year 1 to year 2 and has serious weapons all around that are young and can grow with him. I checked into the issue with o-line and he was sacked/pressured less than Flacco and Bradford.

I'm about 60-40 right now in favor of Freeman. Neither teams division play a team that has an elite, scary defense so it's hard to judge that for these two unlike with Flacco. Thanks for your input so far need a lil more convincing on Bradford or Freeman.
http://s1097.photobucket.com/albums/g347...ollection/

looking for
Football - MJD, Dwayne Bowe, Daniel Thomas, Sean Taylor and players from Aliquippa
Baseball - Hanley Ramirez, Carlos Gonzalez, Justin Upton, Dustin Ackley, and Cory Luebke
Hockey - Jordan Staal

Flacco 60/34 +26
Freeman 35/24 +11
Bradford 18/15 +3

Flacco just kills the other 2 in td/int ratio
Flacco also had 6 td's and only 1 INT in the final 2 minutes last year....with a rating of 98.1
Looks pretty clutch to me.

Flacco was +11 in his first two seasons, same as Freeman. Last year Flacco is +15 and Freeman is + 19He also had a championship caliber team around him to start his career. I like Flacco, that's why I started collecting him some but he looks like a beaten man against complex schemes. And his playoff stats against these teams are dreadful. 2010 playoffs vs steelers 16/30 125 yds 1 td 1 int 2009 playoffs vs pats 4/10 34 yds 0 td 1 int I will skip his rookie season.

Now Bradford and Freeman may be worse in the playoffs but this is a risk as with any player.
http://s1097.photobucket.com/albums/g347...ollection/

looking for
Football - MJD, Dwayne Bowe, Daniel Thomas, Sean Taylor and players from Aliquippa
Baseball - Hanley Ramirez, Carlos Gonzalez, Justin Upton, Dustin Ackley, and Cory Luebke
Hockey - Jordan Staal

I think Freeman is the way to go. He has shown a lot of talent over just 2 years and the Bucs are really doing well with their draft picks. Very young team with a lot of upside. Flacco is good but his team is getting older. I do not think they have what it takes to win one. The Rams aren't even close to winning a Super Bowl but Bradford is very good. I say collect Freeman but also buy a Bradford Contenders auto.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/