`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Bowman Platinum soars in value (not really)

2011 Bowman Platinum soars in value (not really)
Leo Nunez, whose auto relic card *CONTAINING A BAT CHIP* appeared in nearly every case of this product, got what I believe was his first major league AB tonight.

It was memorable, too, as he was brought in to get out of an 8th inning jam, and then batted in the top half of the ninth with runners on 1st and 3rd and two outs. After jumping out of the batters box in fright at the first couple of pitches that were nowhere near him, he actually put the bat on the ball (a bat just like the one Topps sliced up and put on our cards!!!), and grounded harmlessly to second, stranding two runners with just a one run lead.

After getting the first two batters out in the bottom half of the 9th, Nunez gave up a single but the baserunner got caught trying to stretch it. Instead of game over, the Marlins flubbed the rundown, giving Colorado a chance later to tie the game, and then win it in walkoff style after Nunez was yanked.

You have to love the Marlins: excellent lineup management, good execution of scoring opportunities, and sparkling defense. I've never been more proud of my 6 Nunez auto bat cards, and I'm ever so grateful to Topps for helping my dream become a reality.

Cheers.

RE: 2011 Bowman Platinum soars in value (not really)
I hope your next cases are better than those platinum. yuck!

Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(08-16-2011, 12:40 AM)johnxgodfree Wrote: I hope your next cases are better than those platinum. yuck!
Smile

Next up is Bowman Chrome. Gulp!

you busting any topps chrome? or do you just stick to bowman products?
1/1's (28/72 39%)

(08-16-2011, 01:43 AM)johnxgodfree Wrote: you busting any topps chrome? or do you just stick to bowman products?
Just Bowman baseball, and occasionally football. I would love to bust Topps Chrome, but the budget does have limits.

Haha good laugh. Thanks!
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

(08-16-2011, 10:49 AM)pyweed Wrote: Just Bowman baseball, and occasionally football. I would love to bust Topps Chrome, but the budget does have limits.
What? You have a budget with limits?
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

Much rather have leo than many of the others on that brutal cl. Thanks topps for shatting up this product.

(08-16-2011, 10:49 AM)pyweed Wrote: Just Bowman baseball, and occasionally football. I would love to bust Topps Chrome, but the budget does have limits.
was gonna say I'd be buying a few cards off you if you were haha sad only like 3 cards in the set I want...definitely won't be buying boxes of it either!

look forward to your next breaks
1/1's (28/72 39%)