`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can a major leaguer really sign his own name?

Can a major leaguer really sign his own name?
I've been looking at lots of signed cards that members have been posting pics of and judging from those and the few I've pulled, I have to wonder if there are any current major leaguers who can actually sign their own names legibly so it can be read without question. My wife works with pre-schoolers who seem to write just as well with a crayon in their hand. Sorry but most of them just look like scribbles to me.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

RE: Can a major leaguer really sign his own name?
Some actually look like that person's name (Bautista's is very "normal") but most are just to make it look cool
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Many are very awful, but you have to keep in mind that some of these guys sign their name a million times. I am sure the quicker they can do it, the more they can sign, which is benefinicial to the fans. I work at a pharmacy. You should see some of the Dr. signatures.

Yea alot of guys' signatures really look like chicken scratch....one player sig I've always loved tho is Ken Griffey Jr. (one of the sweetest sigs to go along with the sweetest swing Smile )
[Image: Pirates_AlavarezMcCutchen.jpg]

(08-14-2011, 09:24 PM)seelye24 Wrote: Yea alot of guys' signatures really look like chicken scratch....one player sig I've always loved tho is Ken Griffey Jr. (one of the sweetest sigs to go along with the sweetest swing Smile )
X2!!!
[Image: Griffeynewsig.jpg]

Pedro Martinez has a very legible signature

[Image: IMG_0091.jpg]
[center][Image: bmb.jpg?t=1217870319][/center]

Think about it though.....if you went to every stadium and were asked a billion times to sign your name, wouldn't you get tired of doing it and just scribble something? Look at Freddie Freeman's....he used to sign his full name on his cards.....now its just FF basically....but if I had to sign that many things, I'd probably do the same....
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

(08-14-2011, 08:58 PM)zeprock Wrote: I've been looking at lots of signed cards that members have been posting pics of and judging from those and the few I've pulled, I have to wonder if there are any current major leaguers who can actually sign their own names legibly so it can be read without question. My wife works with pre-schoolers who seem to write just as well with a crayon in their hand. Sorry but most of them just look like scribbles to me.
of all the signatures i seen, i think Andre Dawson has one of the best signatures of all baseball players

you guys should see Ozzie Smith's auto