Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BCCG question
Thumbs Down 
BCCG question
So i came across a rookie card on the bay tonight that is a BCCG 10 with a BIN of $10. A sold PSA 10 of the same card went for over $70. This one has been sitting a few days, so...

The inference I am drawing is BCCG graded cards are worth far less than their PSA or BGS counerparts? Is this correct?

RE: BCCG question
I do not like to bash Beckett but they really created a problem with BCCG-I feel like they did it so kids could have a graded card. The grading standard is nowhere near a “true” grading standard. With BCCG if the card is flat and has four sides it gets a ten. I would NEVER buy a BCCG and cross it over (regrade) it is too subjective. Yes they may look nice until you look at the graded card closely. It is off centered usually and usually has VERY VISUAL FLAWS but as I said it only needs to be flat and have four sides for a 10 grade. Maybe they use this thing to break their graders in. If you want to give a kid a cool gift, that is the way to go but if you want it for your PC you are getting a very inferior product. Beckett lost a lot of respect when they started BCCG. It compares to Mercedes offering a UGO as their bottom line. It is disrespectful and tend to delegitimize it own reputation as a tuff but fair grader.
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

Thanks for the insight.

over the internet I wouldn't touch a BCCG card if i can't inspect it closely....but yeah you can consider it raw (IE: take it at what you can see) and kinda judge from there... try to get a closeup scan of the front/back and go from there but definitely wouldn't hold it to any value standard as comparing it a a BGS 9/PSA9 just because its a BCCG

I really wish that service level would be cancelled and that it had never existed in the first place. its a smear to becketts name if you ask me.
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

(08-14-2011, 01:48 AM)Davis26 Wrote: So i came across a rookie card on the bay tonight that is a BCCG 10 with a BIN of $10. A sold PSA 10 of the same card went for over $70. This one has been sitting a few days, so...

The inference I am drawing is BCCG graded cards are worth far less than their PSA or BGS counerparts? Is this correct?
I posted a similar question after seeing a ten card lot all graded 10 by BCCG on ebay.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

Has a BccG 9 ever existed ? HAHAHAH I have seen 10's and 10's ONLY.. Yep every card in the world is a 10..we are all rich!
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

(08-14-2011, 02:45 PM)eazy e Wrote: Has a BccG 9 ever existed ? HAHAHAH I have seen 10's and 10's ONLY.. Yep every card in the world is a 10..we are all rich!
i was thinking the same when i replied earlier, i haven't seen anything lower than a 10.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

out of my own curiosity i just decided to go around ebay and look around....

the only BCCG 6 and 7 cards I could find? 60s-70s cards
BCCG 8-9 70s-90s
BCCG 00-10's

it seems to go by decade almost LOL
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

The card in question is a 1981 Donruss Tim Raines. Even in my newbie state I know that first year of Donruss was laughably bad. I should know, I bought a shoebox full that year, and like 3 packs of Fleer.

Thanks again for the education.