`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Topps Diamond Giveaway. Did I make the right choice??
Question 
Topps Diamond Giveaway. Did I make the right choice??
I just traded a Babe Ruth regular Diamond Die-Cut, for a Jered Weaver BLACK Diamond Die-Cut. Now I really wanted the Ruth, but my thoughts were I can buy a Ruth for $30 or less if I just have to have one. Now bear in mind I was getting offered up to like 20 cards from the 50's and 60's for the Ruth, or up to 4 other regular diamond die cuts. I also got the occasional trade request for Koufax, Pujols, etc Reg. DDC's. Now my thoughts on the Weaver were I can now save like $15 on shipping because it's considered a high value card and I can get all my other 50's and 60's cards and othe reg DDC's shipped for free, with the Ruth I couldn't do that. So I was curious your thoughts. Also I'm up for possible trade offers. So here we go. Let's hear it.

Thanks,
Shawn
ProjectOcoee

RE: Topps Diamond Giveaway. Did I make the right choice??
One thing is it depends on what you are collecting for - if Weaver is one of your players then it is a good deal. If not, I don't think I would have made the trade.

These Diamond Die Cuts have been all over the place value wise, and the Black Diamonds were outrageous for awhile. There are still people on the Topps site who will offer high value for them. I would see what kind of trade offers you get for the Black Diamond and think about where the values have been heading. (Stars seem to be holding steady, but semi-stars etc. have been dropping)

Also - don't know if you've taken delivery of any cards yet, but you can only ship up to 25 at a time (free or not).

I have not been taking trades from 50's and 60's cards for the DDC's unless the value is way over since these older cards are from the secondary market - some of them are in pretty bad shape. I took delivery of 20 from the 60's and the best one might grade at a 6 or 7 most would have been about 3.

I personally have started moving all of my 50's and 60's cards for DDC's since I know these are new cards so the condition should be pretty good.

PS - not trying to bash on your trade - I had a Ruth and Mantle and traded them away earlier and now am rethinking Sad

WELCOME to the Boards!
Ken
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

RE: Topps Diamond Giveaway. Did I make the right choice??
I cashed in for the set and have already had 25 cards sent and I have to agree with you on the condition thing. That being said that's really why I traded. I like the older cards but when I'm having to pay to have them shipped I don't love them quite as much. I plan on redeeming more of the code cards as the year progresses so I decided to make the trade and get the free shipping. Who knows may unlock another Ruth. BTW Weaver is not my guy. Sad