`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My Dilema with my daughter not liking my team

My Dilema with my daughter not liking my team
So I take my 7 year old daughter to a lot of Astros games and since we always lose she has decided she want to collect and always wants to root for the Red Sox. Do I let her or should I really try to sway her more to my team? She see's me on ebay buying a few cards and she asks me to buy her a nice Red Sox card. I'm excited that she's kinda into it but disturbed that she doesn't want to collect Astros cards. I'm sure there are others with my same situation. Are you ok with it?
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

RE: My Dilema with my daughter not liking my team
You have to be okay with it. She is at the age where making her own decisions is important. Think of the wonderful rivalry you two will have as she grows up. You cheering for the Stros to make it and her the Red Sox to make it. It would be nice if she liked a NL team as well so you could watch them play each other more, but its good she is making her own decision. Her liking another team is not a bad thing though at all. That is the fun in being a fan, we all have our player/team we love. Sometime not to the others liking.

I grew up in a family where my step-father loved KU, his father K-State, my mother MU, his step-mother Nebraska. Can you imagine the fun in our home.

Her loving the RedSox will be something you will enjoy as she grows. Besides, as she grows and watches more games with you she may start to love them on her own. She will one day understand that losing is sometimes a huge part of the game.

Let her like the Red Sox man.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Yeah the more you fight her on this the more she's going to pull for them. Save fighting with her on some decision she makes for a more serious possibly life altering one down the line.
Is this thing on?

I wouldn't worry about it and would just let her collect who/what she wants to collect. If anything, you two can trade because you won't be after the same cards and could make it more of a bonding experience.

I am pretty sure her decision to root for the Red Sox is much worse than not rooting for the Astros, or stealing cookies from the cookie jar...J/K!!!
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

(08-12-2011, 08:51 AM)benner73 Wrote: So I take my 7 year old daughter to a lot of Astros games and since we always lose she has decided she want to collect and always wants to root for the Red Sox. Do I let her or should I really try to sway her more to my team? She see's me on ebay buying a few cards and she asks me to buy her a nice Red Sox card. I'm excited that she's kinda into it but disturbed that she doesn't want to collect Astros cards. I'm sure there are others with my same situation. Are you ok with it?
My condolences to her liking the red sox. They are the team (in baseball) that I hate the 2nd most.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I would just let her root for the Red Sox. I NEVER really liked the teams my father liked just to be a contrarion. The only team we ever had in common was the Phillies but I always rooted for the Yankees too which I think bothered him but never let it show. Like someone else stated, just save the fight with her for more important life altering decisions down the road. Just my opinion. Besides why would you torture her by making her an Astros fan?? j/k

I have to agree that cheering for the Red Sox may not be the best choice but I also agree with the person that said why make her cheer for the Astros. I mean at least like a good team if your gonna push it on your child. J/K
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I became a Giants fan BECAUSE my father was a die hard Dodger fan.
When my oldest son was young, the Giants and Braves were in the same division and played each other for the title. Since I was a Giants fan, he became a Braves fan and still is..A diehard Braves fan.
My younger son picked the DBacks because they played the Giants and they won the World series. He collects cards and decided to follow and collect the Red Sox since Schilling went to the Red Sox and he is his favorite pitcher. Well..they won the World Series ..he still collects and follows the Red Sox.
With his track record..I am waiting for him to begin collecting and following the Cubs and then it is off to Las Vegas to place a big bet on the Cubs winning the WS!!!

HA HA

First off please explain to her that the DH is stupid and has no place in baseball. Then, let her pick a NL team.
[Image: Heyward.jpg]