`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just paid 2.33xBV for this..... *sigh* (photo)

Just paid 2.33xBV for this..... *sigh* (photo)
[Image: lettermanbooklet.jpg]

Title says it all. Found it on COMC and went on to buy it straight away to only check the BV on here afterwards. #fail
(to see BV: http://www.beckett.com/basketball/2007-0...an-6791129 and multiply that by 2.33 Sad )

Knowing now what the BV is I'm kind of left with mixed feelings. First I'm a bit upset having overpaid so much. But then again, when I first saw the card I thought the price was doable, more or less. Also, this is the typical card that goes to a collector for it to 'never' come on the market again. Lastly it's numbered 01/19. That's technically a 1/1 (lol, I hate it when they say it on eBay, but it's different when it's actually your own card).

I have been chasing this one for years now and only have seen 2 come past on eBay. Can anyone please just comfort me and say I did the right thing?

RE: Just paid 2.33xBV for this..... *sigh* (photo)
Of course you did the right thing! Who gives a damn about BV?

I bought the following card yesterday for $130 including postage. I'm so excited about receiving it! And yet it has a BV of $XX (which, fankly, is ridiculous). A card is only worth what you are willing to pay for it. And you got yourself a great 'card'! The seller probably wouldn't have sold it for any less.

[Image: Howard.jpg]

I always try for a lower price and have lost out on cards, So sometimes I would pay more than the BV. Its something you been wanting so If you are happy then thats all thats maters. Congrats its a sweet pick up
Always looking for MJ-Lebron-Wade-Durant-Hill-Wall-Cousins-Bledsoe-Patterson-Orton-Meeks-Prince-Magloire-Nazr-Mercer-McCarty-Delk-Walker-Mashburn- Football-Cobb-Conner-Tamme
[Image: sigpic2.png]

(08-12-2011, 03:10 AM)will23c1982 Wrote: I bought the following card yesterday for $130 including postage. I'm so excited about receiving it! A card is only worth what you are willing to pay for it. And you got yourself a great 'card'! The seller probably wouldn't have sold it for any less.
take out the BV from your post

not a fan of Howard because of his Slam Dunk appearances (although I do enjoy his massive in-game blocks and alleyoops), but that is one sick card. Congratulations.

I think the listed BV for the Rodman booklet is in no comparison to the real value, even though it only has one auto and the patches are manufactured.

Thanks will and b33rman for the post-trauma support Smile

I thought our buying the card helps set bv? If your crazy enough to spend that amount of money then help the bv raise a bit?
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

I think you did fine. You were happy with the purchase before you saw the BV so I would'nt worry about it now. Besides, its not like you are going to sell it and take a loss. Its going to stay with you and you will enjoy it for a long time.
Looking for HOF auto's in Baseball, Basketball and Hockey.

Always open to trading!

Photo Bucket
http://s949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331...49_bucket/

(08-12-2011, 06:39 AM)antriarc Wrote: I thought our buying the card helps set bv? If your crazy enough to spend that amount of money then help the bv raise a bit?
Correct.....The price you pay is what the card is worth. Would you sell it for less? Enjoy your card.

If you are happy who cares what BV is - there is only 19 so you may not ever have a shot of getting another one
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney